• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why can't I make polls?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourNeighborTotoro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Title is basically subject. I am just curious why some people don't have permission to do this. Is this a moderator only thing or something like that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quote
If you're talking about forum polls, they are disabled. No one can make them. If you're referring to polls like the recent When / How do you Buy your (preferred) Anime DVDs polls, then it's completely different. That is an official ANN poll. ANN may be doing it for fun, or might be trying to gather real, although statistically invalid, information for some specific purpose that they might have.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I for one am thankful that polls are disabled. I can just imagine all of the "whos teh hotest anme grrrl!!?" polls with 5 random options from 3 different shows and no "other" option. Rolling Eyes

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:53 am Reply with quote
YourNeighborTotoro wrote:
Is this a moderator only thing or something like that?

Yup, it's a moderator-only function.. and we typically don't even use it; if we need to get sample data we can simply make a poll with ANN's poll scripts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1