• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:43 am Reply with quote
SAO novel 6 needs to be changed to non-graphic format.

And could someone validate the licensing of The Devil is a Part-Timer! High School!? Detail either on the store's pages for volume 1 or Yen's own site (http://www.yenpress.com/the-devil-is-a-part-timer-high-school/.) Should probably change over the main title too (the credit line on Yen's pages for the series validates everyone but TRSi is incorrectly capitalizing the "is".)
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:27 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
And could someone validate the licensing of The Devil is a Part-Timer! High School!? Detail either on the store's pages for volume 1 or Yen's own site (http://www.yenpress.com/the-devil-is-a-part-timer-high-school/.) Should probably change over the main title too (the credit line on Yen's pages for the series validates everyone but TRSi is incorrectly capitalizing the "is".)

I found the Yen Press page rather ironic:

On the other hand, both the novel and original manga pages used the lower case, so I changed them all to lower cases.

The anime case is another story: FUNimation styled the BD box with "The DEVIL Is A Part-Timer!" but after considering the consistency I changed them all to "standard" title cases i.e. be-verbs and prepositions in lower cases unless being the first word in the title.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes I feel like ignoring unusual capitalisation across the board and just sticking to title case....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Yup, proper case just makes everything so much easier, not the whole all-caps movement that seems to be going around lately.

In addition to the uncorrected Spice & Wolf volume titles posted last year, the one for the upcoming Volume 15 needs to be added as "- The Coin of the Sun I" as listed on the Amazon and B&N pages.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:49 pm Reply with quote
After adding the subtitle to the Spice & Wolf novels, despite being properly numbered, they are no longer listed in order?

manga#13639
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:02 am Reply with quote
My guess would be "Wolf" is the same as "Wolf -" but different from "Wolf:" in sort order. Probably because now the punctuation is part of the word being compared. It would explain why the style guide on adding releases calls for hyphens instead of colons (which would be reserved for subtitles.)
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
That only corrected some of them, 8, 9, and 15 are still at the top for some reason
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
That only corrected some of them, 8, 9, and 15 are still at the top for some reason

They lacked the final volume number (17); fixed.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Spice & Wolf 16 needs to be moved down into non-graphic novels, and have the volume group added.
Accel World 4 likewise needs to be moved to regular novels.
Persona 4 Collector's Edition, Appleseed's re-release, Inari Kon Kon, 009 re:Cyborg movie, Yuki Yuna 3, Cute High Earth Defense Club 1, and Fairy Tail 16 all need moving to BD/DVD.
FMA Conqueror of Shamballa re-release needs moving to Region A.
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
The first and second Black Bullet volumes need to be moved to non-graphic novels. Also, the first novel needs to be renamed to "Black Bullet - Those Who Would Be Gods", as it says on its B&N and Amazon pages.

The first Strike the Blood LN needs moving to non-graphic novels, too.
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quote
While I was working on some updates for this manga#2300, I noticed it still has a "Volumes" title list. According to a memo on an old thread:

Shiroi Hane wrote:
Releases have in fact replaced the volumes list which is why they can no longer be added (they can only be added by staff and it produces the warning 'This type of info is deprecated; use "Releases" instead')

Since the volumes list on this specific manga has errors in it (which were corrected on the release titles), I think it may be useful to remove this information.

Another one with errors between the two lists is this manga#1597. According to Amazon, the title for volume 5 is "Focus Your Mind As One!" and volume 7 is "Knife-Edge Death Match". Amazon also lists volume 8 as "Open Your Eyes!!" and volume 9 as "The Huge Ordeal!!".

Also, in case someone would like to clean up a few other manga with Volumes still included, here is a short list:
manga#1795
manga#1539
manga#2261
manga#2799
manga#1543
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
^ Did all the above in ChibiShoujo's post
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:13 am Reply with quote
Angel Sanctuary is another manga that still has a Volumes list. This one's a little strange though. The titles listed are actually "chapter" titles because they are found within the books, and not actually volume titles. I've added them in the chapter titles section, along with some that were missed or incorrect. Here is a list of the actual volume titles as published on the series' covers that can be added to the releases:

1. Angels, Demons, and Sinners
2. Teen Angel
3. Heaven-Sent Terror
4. Nary An Angel/Setsuna in Hades
5. Angelfood Boy/The Path to Hell
6. Angels Rush In/One Hell of a Journey
7. The Journey Continues
8. Where Angels Fear to Tread/On Earth As It Is in Heaven
9. Send Me An Angel/Blessed Art Thou
10. Angels on High/Place of Torments
11. Hell's Angels/Impenitence of the Damned
12. Dark Angel/Holy War
13. Send Me An Angel/Holy War
14. Hell's Angels/Prison in the Sky
15. Hell's Angels/High Crimes
16. Hell's Angels/Disorder in the Court
17. Hell's Angels/Race to Destruction
18. Hell's Angels/Heaven's Gate
19. Hell's Angels/The Tablet
20. Hell's Angels/The Apocalypse
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the covers, these manga also have volume titles that can be added to the releases:
Grand Guignol Orchestra
1. Overture
2. Tragédie Lyrique
3. Ma Chérie
4. Stigmate
5. Troubadour's Love Song

Chi's Sweet Home
1. Take This Kitty Home
2. Cat Chaos
3. Feline Frenzy
4. Pet Paradise
5. Tabby Travels
6. Shorthair Saunter
7. Furball Fears
8. Travels with Tomcat
9. Homeward Stray
10. The Calico Capers
11. Maternal Instincts
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:56 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Viz is likely going to have a ton of those, between the long-running nature of the series and that they take forever to put out enough detailed information on the release to include volume titles. I think most of the 3-4 volumes I'm holding back from submitting are theirs. Then there are ones like Bleach, where the e-books have the titles, but the print copies don't. It should be a lot easier to deal with these once Encyclopedia 2.0 comes out.

Ranma BD set 7 needs to be moved down into Region A.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 25 of 43