• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4750G

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quote
I'm trying to remember another show I watched when I was young. The only thing I remember is that there are three leads, two boys and a girl. The girl is named Jenny, with blonde hair, I think. One of the two boys is named Bill, he's dark skinned, and he plays a banjo or something like that. I can't remember the name of the other boy, but I think he's rich. For some reason all three of them are together, and I think they're probably travelling but I'm not sure. I'm not sure either if these are their names in the anime, because there were shows when I was a kid where they changed the Japaneses name to American ones, possibly because those are easier to understand.

Thank you to anyone who knows!
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:35 am Reply with quote
4750G wrote:
I'm trying to remember another show I watched when I was young. The only thing I remember is that there are three leads, two boys and a girl. The girl is named Jenny, with blonde hair, I think. One of the two boys is named Bill, he's dark skinned, and he plays a banjo or something like that. I can't remember the name of the other boy, but I think he's rich. For some reason all three of them are together, and I think they're probably travelling but I'm not sure. I'm not sure either if these are their names in the anime, because there were shows when I was a kid where they changed the Japaneses name to American ones, possibly because those are easier to understand.

Around what year and in what country? Just trying to place a date and location. =) Do you remember anything that they were doing together?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
4750G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Bento-Box, I'll ask my brother about details. Thanks a lot. Smile
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know an anime, maybe even an american show/movie/cartoon on a love SQUARE? I remember when I was young I was watching a romantic comedy love square. Girl A likes Guy B, Guy B likes Girl C, Girl C likes Guy D, and Guy D likes Girl A. I posted a thread on this but I got no luck. Maybe someone will see it on this thread.
dark wolf89

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:19 pm Reply with quote
im trying to find the anime that my display pic goes to, can anyone help?
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote
4750G wrote:

I've not seen it, but I'm pretty certain that is Kaze no Naka no Shoujo Kinpatsu no Jeanie.
4750G

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:11 am Reply with quote
Calathan, thank you! Smile
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:27 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Anyone know an anime, maybe even an american show/movie/cartoon on a love SQUARE? I remember when I was young I was watching a romantic comedy love square. Girl A likes Guy B, Guy B likes Girl C, Girl C likes Guy D, and Guy D likes Girl A. I posted a thread on this but I got no luck. Maybe someone will see it on this thread.

Marmalade Boy has various love polygons, not stopping with triangles or squares, but moving on to 5, 6 or 7 sided relations!

Could that be it?

dark wolf89 wrote:
im trying to find the anime that my display pic goes to, can anyone help?

That's from Saikano.
Character name is Chise.

anime#914
EricDent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote
There is this "guide" to all the love relationships in School Rumble.
Tris8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:13 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I can't believe no one's mentioned Toradora yet! This is a romantic comedy that definitely gets complex with who likes who.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:29 am Reply with quote
If we are talking about complex relationship web, Hatsukoi Limited is one of the most interesting.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:59 am Reply with quote
When WhiteHairGirls posted this question in the thread I looked for the specific case that's asked for and I came to the conclusion that there simply isn't a perfectly circuitous love square like that. In fact from going through TV Tropes and other sources I couldn't find a single example in any medium.The movie Closer, is close, but not quite.

Simply, love rectangles, like love triangles, are not about one way feelings, they're about shifting relationships with varying degrees of reciprocation. And for some reason, it seems that no story of note featured the exact A likes B likes C likes D likes A dynamic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I have watched toradora, hatsuki, school rumble, its not those animes. Hmm it might be closer, I will check it out later. Hmmm so if this type of anime comes out it should be very unique if it is pulled off.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:29 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I have watched toradora, hatsuki, school rumble, its not those animes. Hmm it might be closer, I will check it out later. Hmmm so if this type of anime comes out it should be very unique if it is pulled off.

Closer is a Live action movie with Lude Law, Natalie Portman, Clive Owen and Julia Roberts, I only mentioned it to illustrate how rare the concept is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Forgive me for intruding, but my understanding is that people are misinterpreting WhiteHairGirls' question. It's not for a general anime that involves a love polygon, but one that includes 4 people who have a specific romantic relationship. Like this:
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 342 of 569