• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Severing Crime Edge (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:34 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I am somewhat interested in the artistic choices that lead one character to having lighter clothes, while the other is wearing darker clothes, contrasting of hair also, eye colour is differs between the subjects.

The clothes are lighter when the characters are posed overlapping because they'd blend together otherwise. Note that in the BB shots, where both are in dark clothing, the characters are spaced apart. Hair and eye color is just part of the character design, so it doesn't have much to do with the promotional poses.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Ep 2

So the whole situation is explained with the Authors and Killing Goods. I got Mirai Nikki vibes with a better male lead. I was happy to see that Kiri actually has a backbone. He did not hesitate when spoiler[Yamane attacked Iwai] and he isn't afraid to speak his mind even if it was embarrassing. I found Iwai's elementary outfit hilarious and adorable at the same time.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
Lovely OP song imo. Not earth shattering but catchy for me.

Her new haircut looks kinda cute tbh and she looks really shy Rolling Eyes I guess spoiler[Byouinzaka-san] had some explaining to do with Iwai. Wow, that scene was kinda creepy.

spoiler[I want to kill]
Ya, that is a a bit disturbing coming from her imo.

Actually now that I look at it, this series seem to have dark elements to it especially in regards to spoiler[Iwai having to die.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I didn't absolutely love this episode in the way I loved the previous one, but it was still entertaining. I'm not sure if I'm convinced by the serial killers plot and was thrown off by how quickly it escalated into a spoiler[bloody battle]. Then the Professor's explanation about spoiler[waiting for a fighter to defend Iwai] gives me this Mirai Nikki meets average tournament vibes that aren't exactly my piece of cake.

Regardless, the three minutes of disturbingly cute romance in the end andspoiler[ Iwai glowing after Kiri tells her he can't live without her] were completely worth it and enough to convince me to keep watching no matter what.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:07 am Reply with quote
That certainly changed tone quickly. Smile But it's driving me crazy that he's making these clean, even cuts with thinning shears. They don't work like that.

And that also raises the question of why his ancestor chose that type of scissors to cut flesh. Or maybe that's best left unexplored...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

I would probably say that I too did not like the second episode as much as the first either, was just missing something that I liked for the most part. Agreeable with CrowLia, the end of episode did make it worth while.

Admittedly though, I am kind of liking that Yamane girl. I know that she is pretty psychopathic, and sickened by her acts and pitty she gives off, but another aspect interests me. What comes to mind is that she probably reminds me of aspects I enjoyed In , it was one of the few series that I sympathised with a villain, Peavy, despite having little redeemable characteristics.

Our heroine going to school was also entertaining enough with her bag and height, but I thought it was a little jarring to jump from that, to being late afternoon. that it sacrificed what could have been used to expand on possible friend characters and that it makes complete sense to have the conversation of how it went at the end of the day. And excuses to spoiler[kill her (or not kill her)] did not quite make sense, at least yet.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Scissors vs a hammer]. this should be fun. Iwai is adorable, and the professor is rather funny.
rheiders

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
That certainly changed tone quickly. Smile But it's driving me crazy that he's making these clean, even cuts with thinning shears. They don't work like that.

But they're maaaaagic thinning shears.

I too preferred the first episode, but I'm still enjoying this show way more than I thought I would. I guess each episode is destined to have a scene that makes me so uncomfortable I almost stop watching. Last time was the scene between Kiri and Iwai, and this time it was the scene between Yamane and the redhead. I'm not sure about the serial killer thing, but I agree with other people that the last scene with Kiri and Iwai made it worthwhile. I don't know why, but I'm loving the dynamic between them. It's deeply twisted and strangely adorable at the same time. You really get the feeling that, even though they only met last episode, they care about each other very much.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:46 am Reply with quote
"Lolicon is Justice!" Laughing

I enjoyed the episode. It gave us more background on what the deal with Authors, Killing Goods, Curses, Instead and the game is. Anime continues its time-honoured tradition of giving goofy English names to things. Only in anime would a secret "intellectual group" dedicated to witnessing murders and "other meaningless social events" Laughing be called Gossip.

Highly entertaining show for me.
Parse Error

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:56 am Reply with quote
As I was hoping, this episode didn't try my patience with such a noticeable stumble as the first one made, which made it quite enjoyable. If he starts spoiler[parrying and blocking a sledgehammer with a pair of blending shears the same way he did against the syringe in this episode], I won't be able to stop myself from falling completely in love with this series, even if I were trying to resist doing so with all my might. I'm not being sarcastic either; there's few things more awe-inspiring and entertaining to me than when an anime takes something utterly insane and just runs with it. This one happens to have a great deal of potential in that area.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:24 am Reply with quote
Ep. 2

Not bad. I was wondering if Iwai's hair spoiler[was going to grow back since she's apparently a "goddess" of sorts.] The chemistry between her and Kiri is good; he has a hair fetish and her long hair re-grows every night. Perfect match.

I sort of hate comparing this to Future Diary since Kiri isn't a one-dimensional yandere (yes, he's a bit creepy at times, but he actually talks to her like mutual friends) and Iwai, despite being physically powerless, actually reflects on it and wants to do better. If anything, it's like Gosick, in terms of ambiance and relationship.

After seeing the spoiler[needle marks on Houko's arm] I, sort of, felt bad for her. She spoiler[chose to become Yamane's Insert even though she had killed (their?) parents but, now they're both damaged by this weird curse.]

I'm also looking forward to the blending shears (so that's what they're called!!) vs. spoiler[sledgehammer].
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 01:
Character design reminds me Hayate No Gotoku. Are they related? o.o
WHY'D HE HAVE TO spoiler[CUT HER HAIR THAT SHORT!? IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP!]

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

I'm sorry...but here I was thinking how adorable her character design was and spoiler[they go and totally ruin it. Why not make it waist-length? Or shoulder-length, at least!?]

;lakjflad;kjfldfj *rage*

Episode 02: That opening was pretty awesome. Nothing but long-haired Iwai must mean good things. Surely it's spoiler[going to grow back...]
WTF so....every killing goods takes possession of every....owner because they're all cursed.
That's so....that's so....
FREAKING AWESOME. Anime hyper
Ah good, spoiler[Iwai's hair grew back!]

My gawd, this anime is so weird yet cute, yet creepy and effed up. I love it. Anime hyper I have to introduce this to my friend right away-she'd love the hell out of it!

I feel like I'm watching the love child born from a threesome of Hayate No GotokuxHigurashixKore Wa Zombie Desuka.

......you cannot go wrong with this. Anime hyper
casualfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I actually enjoyed episode 2 more than the first one, now that it expands on the premise. My only fear is that it turns into martial-arts flick, considering the way Kiri and Yamane fought with their killing goods.

While the series is very similar to Mirai Nikki, Btoom or any of those battle royale type of show, here the psychopathic behavior of the characters is actually a big part of the plot, as opposed to just random psychos thrown into the mix. So hopefully it can rise above its peers.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Ep 3

Awwwww Kiri and Iwai are so cute together. Even with weird hair scenes, their romance screams innocence. Poor Iwai she spoiler[wet herself out of fear]. But it was no problem because her knight in shining armor spoiler[managed to defeat the sledgehammer guy with quick reflexes. Interestingly the guy committed suicide]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3
Kashiko kinda reminds me of Aika-chan from Blast of Tempest in terms of appearance for some reason. Ha, the scene in that room with Iwai and Kiri was the funniest.

>What are we going to do all night? *insert giggles here*

There's definitely some interesting information revealed by Kiri this episode that was a bit thrilling. The fight in the second half was okay I guess. To me though, the dialogue and soundtrack were the highlights there and that little black screen text added in between.

Overall, I kinda enjoyed the latest episode tbh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 19