• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mushibugyō (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan7el

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:08 am Reply with quote
My best guess is that, like the bug magistrate, Jinbei is also some kind of human/bug hybrid. He will somehow come in contact with the spoiler[toxic well] and go crazy-powerful again.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:29 am Reply with quote
I think Jinbei is something totally different... a human-something hybrid, and that something will probably be revealed next episode or on the last one. I don't think he's part insect.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:39 am Reply with quote
dan7el wrote:
My best guess is that, like the bug magistrate, Jinbei is also some kind of human/bug hybrid. He will somehow come in contact with the spoiler[toxic well] and go crazy-powerful again.

That theory actually might make sense although we'll have to see in the next few episodes. For some reason, I have a feeling that next fight is not going to end well on Jinbei's end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Didn't they already say his mother was spoiler[the moon]? I suppose his father could have some insects in the family tree though.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:57 am Reply with quote
^ I've seen someone mention this before, but I cannot for the life of me recall it coming up in the show. When was it mentioned? In the episode where his father talks about meeting his mother or before that?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote
IIRC, his father implies this near the end of the episode where he took Jinbei on a training expedition to Mt. Fuji. However, I am not sure if that wasn't a red herring of some sort. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:29 pm Reply with quote
^^ That was me. Smile In Episode 12, his father says Jinbee learns fast, probably because of "your blood," and he was clearly talking to the moon. He could have just been looking up at the brightest thing in the sky while musing, but since their name is Tsukishima, I didn't think that was an accident.
dan7el

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:00 pm Reply with quote
They, "Your Mother was the Moon" reference was clearly some sort of falsehood. The story about how Jinbei's mother and father met, courted, and how his mother finally gave birth, all while they fought for over a year, non-stop, is somehow suspect.

I think Jinbei's adopted. His "father" never really knew Jinbei's actual mother. I think Jinbei is without doubt, not completely human. I'd be surprised if this doesn't show up in the next episode or two.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote
damn, I really liked spoiler[Ooka]. at least he went out like a boss
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Yes he did, although I wouldn't be too surprised by spoiler[a Naruto-style resurrection].
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Where are people getting this ludicrous thing about Jinbei's mom being "the moon"? There was one scene of the dad looking at the moon while "talking" to his late-wife, but it's just like people who glance at the sky to "talk" with their parted loved ones. Heck, there's already half an episode explaining she was a samurai, you're completely reading too much into one little scene.

Also, as much as their name is Tsukishima, it's unrelated to the mother, since that's the father's last name and it was him who created the Tsukishima sword style, so the mother has literally no connection to the moon whatsoever
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, she's probably just a kitsune. Smile
dan7el

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:53 am Reply with quote
Looks like Junbei is able to spoiler[survive a dip in the toxic well.]

Interesting to see the back-story of the bug magistrate, Princess Naa.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 25

Well that was quite a feast. I'm so happy to see that character in action at last! spoiler[Abdominal impalement? Ha, we laugh, tis nothing!]

The pacing on these last few episodes has been interesting. Usually about halfway through I'm expecting the episode to end because it seems like a good cliffhanger or something and it also feels like 20 minutes has passed, and then I'm happy to see it's only half done. But then about 2 minutes before it ends, they throw in an eyecatch - are they really waiting that long for the commercial break?
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Why didn't they fight the insects with spoiler[bug spray from the beginning?! That part was actually amusing: bug spray vs. bug farts.] And Jinbei is still very energetic, even whenspoiler[ he's half-dead]...

It was nice watching spoiler[Mugai and Kotori fight, but i'm really looking forward to the final episode now where we will hopefully find out why the princess turned into a white butterfly-thing and why Jinbei is a fox demon or whatever.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4