• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy's English-Subtitled Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Square Enix is mentioned alot.. Hope you guys know Nintendo is publishing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Bravely Default is the game to look forward to, even if I don't have 3DS. Smile
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Huh, it's been a while since I saw anything about this game, and I'm surprised to say it actually looks pretty good. The art style in particular is distinct and likable, though I guess the voice-acting didn't quite win me over (the guy at the end especially had a self-assured disposition I found cliche and irritating).
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:
Huh, it's been a while since I saw anything about this game, and I'm surprised to say it actually looks pretty good. The art style in particular is distinct and likable, though I guess the voice-acting didn't quite win me over (the guy at the end especially had a self-assured disposition I found cliche and irritating).

We're supposedly getting an english dub for the game(which is why the NA release is delayed) so that's something if these voices don't work for you.
KoujiTamino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Square Enix is mentioned alot.. Hope you guys know Nintendo is publishing.

But Square Enix developed it. Nintendo has nothing to do with the game other than creating the platform it's playable on and footing the bill for release outside of Japan.
dan9999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Kikaioh wrote:

We're supposedly getting an english dub for the game(which is why the NA release is delayed) so that's something if these voices don't work for you.

I don't care about the english dub as long as it also has the japanese audio, I doubt it thou.
tootbrush

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:37 am Reply with quote
KoujiTamino wrote:
But Square Enix developed it. Nintendo has nothing to do with the game other than creating the platform it's playable on and footing the bill for release outside of Japan.

And, you know, actually localising and marketing it. There's a lot more to that than just footing the bill.

Apparently Europe will be getting the game first, so we can probably assume this is another Xenoblade/TLS/Pandora's Tower-like situation where NoE localises the game. Which means British VAs. \o/
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:00 am Reply with quote
Whoo, female MC! The 3DS could use some more good games.
DTJB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, I keep telling myself I don't NEED to buy any more game systems, that I have enough games to play as it is. But there's so much good stuff that looks good on this system.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1