• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cameron: Will Start Developing Battle Angel Alita in 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, I'll believe this only when I see it. Rolling Eyes

For now it's in nevernever land along with the other 7 live action anime/manga adaptations that probably won't happen...
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I think it is perfectly possible that he will be making it. He began planning to make Avatar in 1994, I think, so it's natural that a movie he began envisioning in 2003 will make it by 2017-2018.

Anyway, the quality of the movies he makes appears to be inversely proportional to the amount of time he dedicates to these projects.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Tentacle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm just glad it's not Uwe Boll.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Cameron, actually get on it and then MAYBE I'll take you seriously. As it stands, you're going nowhere
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote
You know, if James Cameron doesn't do it, nobody else will. I will believe it when I see it too, but if it does happen I will be in line to see it, even if I am 80.

I would love to see Outlanders, El-Hazard, and many older anime made into movies. I am still a fan of my favorites, no matter how old they are.

So more power to Cameron, he seems to be the only one really interested in the title, and if it is going to be made, he will be the one to do it.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote
as long as its better than dragon ball evolution...
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I am going to get right on holding my breath. Though to give him credit, with all the delays, it's more likely that he will be able to use the real Last Order ending rather than making one up.

vangelionite88 wrote:
as long as its better than dragon ball evolution...

DBE was a perfectly servicable summer-fluff movie... as long as you weren't aware of how much better it could have been based on the source material.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Yeah? Let me know when it actually is a reality. Don't really care anymore. I'll watch the anime or read the books. But until then I've moved on from this fiasco.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I will totally believe that Cameron's long awaited Battle Angel adaptation will be coming...when pigs fly of course!
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote
I wish he'd just give it up already. Maybe handle the SFX but let someone else take the property. The Terminator 2 James Cameron doesn't exist anymore and for all his dragging his heels forever all we'll probably get is some Avatar mess where the SFX are the only good thing about it.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Well this is not going to happen... Shame - just like the Akira live action.

Hopefully HBO'S adaptation of Monster will create some faith from Hollywood towards Manga/Anime titles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:
Yeah, I will totally believe that Cameron's long awaited Battle Angel adaptation will be coming...when pigs fly of course!

Porco Rosso is finally coming out on Blu-ray in Japan in a few days...
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
You know, if James Cameron doesn't do it, nobody else will. I will believe it when I see it too, but if it does happen I will be in line to see it, even if I am 80.

So more power to Cameron, he seems to be the only one really interested in the title, and if it is going to be made, he will be the one to do it.

Groan. You really don't understand anything, do you. James Cameron is sitting on the rights to Battle Angel Alita and refusing to let anyone else but him make it. But he has no real intention of making it in the first place, because it isn't the money train that his crappily-written Avatar trilogy is.

In other words, the biggest obstacle to Battle Angel Alita being made is . . . yes, you guessed it . . . James Cameron.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:

Groan. You really don't understand anything, do you. James Cameron is sitting on the rights to Battle Angel Alita and refusing to let anyone else but him make it. But he has no real intention of making it in the first place, because it isn't the money train that his crappily-written Avatar trilogy is.

In other words, the biggest obstacle to Battle Angel Alita being made is . . . yes, you guessed it . . . James Cameron.

Kind of disagree with you. Really don't think anyone else is interested in making a live action Battle Angel Alita, whether or not Cameron has the rights.

Though the word out now is that Cameron is bringing in additional writers for his Avatar sequels, and that now there will be 3 sequels, instead of two.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Sequels are the new heroin in Hollywood. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2