• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
More Gantz?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klampo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:58 am Reply with quote
Any news on the status of Gantz? Yeah I know yada yada yada about asking about more of a series, but I haven't heard anyone ask this.

Also with the manga, how close does it follow the anime and which volume does the anime end and the manga continue on with the story?
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:42 am Reply with quote
Assume that the answer to any "Will there be a second season of [insert show here]?" question is "No." until an official announcement is made. That is to say, that very few shows, even the ones with those super-open endings that don't answer all of your questions will have a second season. Don't expect a second season of anything, but call it a pleasant surprise when there is.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:54 am Reply with quote
the manga conitnues past where the anime ends.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:38 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

More specifically, the manga continues past ep. 21 of the anime. The other, remaining, episodes of the anime constitute an atrocity that is best forgotten.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:59 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
v1cious wrote:

More specifically, the manga continues past ep. 21 of the anime. The other, remaining, episodes of the anime constitute an atrocity that is best forgotten.

- abunai

I just finished watching Kare Kano (no more than 15 minutes ago) and, not having read the manga, it seems that is an accurate description of KK's ending as well.
Chiroptera Rex

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Great, guess I'll have to buy the manga of Kare Kano after I watch the anime. I have not watched the series yet (I'm still waiting for that stupid online retailer to send me the complete collection!), but I really liked what I heard about the series. Hopefully I'll enjoy the anime ending.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Chiroptera Rex wrote:
Great, guess I'll have to buy the manga of Kare Kano after I watch the anime. I have not watched the series yet (I'm still waiting for that stupid online retailer to send me the complete collection!), but I really liked what I heard about the series. Hopefully I'll enjoy the anime ending.

You won't. The ending of KareKano the anime ranks highly as one of the great letdowns of anime history. However, the manga remains good. So watch the anime, and don't be too put off by the way it ends - continue the story in the manga, and Bob's your uncle.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiroptera Rex

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I know that you're just telling it like it is, Abunai, but that makes me feel even less enthusiastic about paying $81 for a series that I haven't even seen. That damn collection better get here and soon! I ordered the collection at the cheapest price that I could find, but what I received was the box and the first DVD of the series. I sent the item back and the company said that they would send me the correct item, but that it was out of stock and would take one to two weeks to complete my order. It's now the last day of the second week. I guess if I don't hear anything today, I'll have to e-mail the company tonight. I should have told them to cancel my order so I could have ordered from someone else. *sigh*

I really don't know how Gantz ends, or really what it's all about past the talk about the beginning of the series being as bloody as Elfen Lied. I just know that anime series always leave loose ends. Actually, leaving loose ends is one of the main reasons that I love anime. Lets your imagination fill in the holes.

Hmm...perhaps I will like Kare Kano's ending after all.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh, great, another "wears da secund seazin of berzerk?" clone Rolling Eyes From what I've heard, with GANTZ they departed from the manga to create an anime ending; this is all I know, as I don't plan on watching this series. It's the same with Mahou Sensei Negima: episodes 23-26 constitute a serious departure to bring about an ending for the anime. I wouldn't hold my breath.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Oh, great, another "wears da secund seazin of berzerk?" clone Rolling Eyes From what I've heard, with GANTZ they departed from the manga to create an anime ending; this is all I know, as I don't plan on watching this series. It's the same with Mahou Sensei Negima: episodes 23-26 constitute a serious departure to bring about an ending for the anime. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Oh, don't be so negative. KareKano is still eminently watchable despite the skewed ending. So is Gantz and so, to a degree, is Negima. You just have to be prepared to disregard the final episodes, and consider the rest as an intro to the manga.

- abunai
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Chiroptera Rex wrote:
I know that you're just telling it like it is, Abunai, but that makes me feel even less enthusiastic about paying $81 for a series that I haven't even seen.

You could have gotten it for like 35 buck over at TRSI. Order ver 50 and get free shipping. Which online retailer did you buy yours from?

We're getting a lot of question that ask "IS there a second season XXX anime" and the answer is NO. No body has announce it. The best way to find info is to look at the series in the encyclopedia under the NEWS section and if there's any news about the series having a second, third or fourth season, than you got your answer. Anything else is just wishful thinking.
Chiroptera Rex

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:39 pm Reply with quote
...Oh, I see. No, darkhunter, I bought the complete collection. I made sure to tell the company that $81 seemed a bit high for the box and first DVD. You know, I was actually going to just let it slide; keep the box and first DVD, and buy the other discs later. I hate having to deal with returns to companies, online or not. I'm just afraid that they'll never fess up to making an error in the first place. Fortunately, I saved all the e-mails that I received from the company (it was Super Duper Club) pertaining to my order so they had no way to deny what they sent me.

I sometimes wonder just how many people that come here actually use the ANN encyclopedia before posting in the forums. I know that I was using the encyclopedia for a few years before I even thought of using the forums. Of course, back then I still had people in my area who were just as into anime as I still am.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Chiroptera Rex wrote:
...Oh, I see. No, darkhunter, I bought the complete collection. I made sure to tell the company that $81 seemed a bit high for the box and first DVD. You know, I was actually going to just let it slide; keep the box and first DVD, and buy the other discs later. I hate having to deal with returns to companies, online or not. I'm just afraid that they'll never fess up to making an error in the first place. Fortunately, I saved all the e-mails that I received from the company (it was Super Duper Club) pertaining to my order so they had no way to deny what they sent me.

Oh I wasn't looking at the title. But yeah I got my Kare Kano boxset at rightstuf for about 35 buck like a couple of month ago. I still haven't got around to checking it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1