• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kisa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Clover Omnibus
Burn Up/ Plastic Little double pack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Just bought some manga to appease myself. I bought Rosario + Vampire vol 7, Negima vol 22, and Black Lagoon vol 1-3. Loving the Black Lagoon manga. it's satiating my appetite for the series until the 3rd season is out heh.
archaron

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I bought a Samurai Harem volume 1 at Barnes and Noble yesterday. I know Tokyopop was going to increase prices, but to $13. It’s not like the same quality paper than Yen uses or anything. Oh well, just took me a bit by surprise, but I had assumed that it was not going to be that much of an increase. With coupons I ended up paying about $9.50. Not too bad I guess. I will have to buy more of there stuff online now I guess and buy it used.
archaron

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Just bought some manga to appease myself. I bought Rosario + Vampire vol 7, Negima vol 22, and Black Lagoon vol 1-3. Loving the Black Lagoon manga. it's satiating my appetite for the series until the 3rd season is out heh.

Psycho 101, if you don't mind, when you have a chance to check out Black Lagoon please let me know what you think. I have been on the fence on whether or not to check out the manga version. Rosario + Vampire vol 7 and Negima vol 22 were great and Rosario volume 7 really was one of the better volumes of the series. I hope you enjoy them. I got spoiled on Negima because I bought the series 1-19 and read them together over a couple of weeks. It was a lot of fun reading the series like that and really was a lot better than the anime versions than I had originally though it was going to be. How about for you?
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Let's see... I went over to MovieStop today and for a grand total of $77.34 I brought home the thinpack collection of Excel Saga, seasons one and two of Magic Knight Rayearth, The complete collection of Steel Angel Kurumi, and Read or Die(OVA). I'm feeling extra good for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Got a few volumes of manga when I was out of town a few days ago and forgot to mention them.

Ichiroh! manga volume 1. (I love Yen Press's 4-koma stuff. This is a lot of fun.)
Nabari No Ou manga volume 1.
Kitchen Princess manga volume 7.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:09 am Reply with quote
Bought some Lupin III manga as well as Tsukihime anthology manga.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quote
My order from TRSI finally came in. XP Besides taking forever to get in and my one xxxHolic DVD case being broken on the inside (the DVD won't stay still inside of it, but I can deal), I'm still pleased. Especially since they were so kind as to send me an empty CD case to replace the cracked one that held my Chobits 001 Soundtrack. ^^

And another great part: I finally get to set my bookshelf tomorrow. ^^ Since things have been very hectic around my house lately, I haven't had the chance to set it up, so tomorrow with my brother's help (whether he likes it or not), I'm going to get it set up. Yay! <3

But the only downside to everything: outside of purchasing Sword of the Stranger later this month, I won't be making any more purchases for awhile. But it'll be worth it since I'm saving up for something very, very special. Sweet. Very Happy
TheTheory

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I haven't made an anime purchase in a while, but when I found a used copy of Lupin the III: The Castle of Cagliostro I couldn't say no. I've been wanting this for a looong time and you can't beat the price. WIN win.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
murph76

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I just bought the Princess Tutu collection. I was kind of surprised that all 6 DVDs were stacked on one post. I'm used to seeing those multi-disc DVD cases with an individual post for each. Though, I imagine the single-post kind was less expensive for the distributer. I don't really mind it, it was just unexpected. My only (admittedly minor) concern is whether being on top of each other will scratch or otherwise damage the DVDs.
recca25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:53 am Reply with quote
Received in the mail:

Anime:
Baccano 4
Darker Than Black 5
Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple Season 1 Part 2

Manga:
Kitchen Princess 9
Papillon 1-3
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:26 am Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
I just bought the Princess Tutu collection. I was kind of surprised that all 6 DVDs were stacked on one post. I'm used to seeing those multi-disc DVD cases with an individual post for each. Though, I imagine the single-post kind was less expensive for the distributer. I don't really mind it, it was just unexpected. My only (admittedly minor) concern is whether being on top of each other will scratch or otherwise damage the DVDs.

Ugh, this is - by far - my least favourite way of having DVDs bundled. My version of Gilgamesh is done this way, too. I'm not so much worried about scratches as the sheer inconvenience of it all. Based on my Gilgamesh experience, the DVDs are a bitch to get off the spindle, so when I do get around to watching the series, I'm going to actually leave all the DVDs out of the box until I'm finished, which is a pain.

I've cited these examples before, but for my money, the Berserk and Otogi Zoshi sets are exemplars of how DVDs SHOULD be packaged. Each set holds 6 DVDs each, non-stacked, in a case that is the same size as a regular single volume.

If any distribs out there are reading this, I'm willing to pay a premium to get that kind of arrangement.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
My order from TRSI finally came in. XP Besides taking forever to get in and my one xxxHolic DVD case being broken on the inside (the DVD won't stay still inside of it, but I can deal), I'm still pleased. Especially since they were so kind as to send me an empty CD case to replace the cracked one that held my Chobits 001 Soundtrack. ^^

Please drop a note to customer service, we can replace the disc if you have a problem with it or send you a new case.

I assume you're in a location where shipping takes a long time, like apo/fpo?
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quote
Yay, another box of anime for me! Smile

- Ghost Hunt parts 1 and 2 (no idea why they made two boxes (each with two thinpaks with one disc each) out of this, because ↓)
- Mushishi (this is just one box (two discs each in two thinpaks))
- My Neighbor Totoro

Wow, I almost have enough to post a picture in the DVD collection thread. Although just one shelf would look a little pitiful compared to some of the collections displayed there Confused

Blood- wrote:
murph76 wrote:
Ugh, this is - by far - my least favourite way of having DVDs bundled. My version of Gilgamesh is done this way, too. I'm not so much worried about scratches as the sheer inconvenience of it all. Based on my Gilgamesh experience, the DVDs are a bitch to get off the spindle, so when I do get around to watching the series, I'm going to actually leave all the DVDs out of the box until I'm finished, which is a pain.

The Madlax DVD set has the same packaging. Six discs on one spindle. Quite a hassle to get out the latter discs if you're obsessive about not scratching DVDs/CDs like me.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quote
The dreaded stackpak. I too just got my Princess Tutu complete collection, but I already knew it'd come in that collection and still bought it. Foolish me. What I do is go to sleevetown.com and order their bricks that resemble a cheaper version of the Bandai bricks. It's not as nice as the Bandai ones, but it's a lot better than stackpaks. I think may never order an ADV re-release ever again if it comes in anything other than a Litebox. I'd rather search around for the old release than deal with those things.

Anywho, I got this shipment in Friday and since I'm here I might as well post.
Arrow Princess Tutu 24.29
Arrow Martian Successor Nadesico 26.99
Arrow G-Gundam part 1 33.74 (Last one in stock. I rule)
Arrow School Rumble vol 1 + artbox 9.00
Arrow Evangelion Platinum + Tin 42.97
Arrow Ikki Tousen 25.00 (the Geneon release)

I put this order in Sunday and it's my first ever double dip:
Arrow Kanon volume 1 7.00
Arrow Kanon volume 2 + box 10.00
Arrow Sundome manga volume 1 7.79 (just found out it's on order so it'll take a while to get here)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 387 of 1401