• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Build-A-Ninja Sweepstakes!

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sango chan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Hey, I was just about to submit my entry, but I may have gotten carried away with the text for the drawing. In a traditional word processor, it is just about one full page at 12 font Times New Roman. Before I enter, I would like to know if such a long description could get me disqualified, or if it could hurt me in any way.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

I submited a long entry too, but i typed out in word and sent it as a attachment and my picture in a different attachment. i don't think their would be a problem, but i really have no say in the matter.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Hey, I was just about to submit my entry, but I may have gotten carried away with the text for the drawing. In a traditional word processor, it is just about one full page at 12 font Times New Roman. Before I enter, I would like to know if such a long description could get me disqualified, or if it could hurt me in any way.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

I guess i should be asking the same question because mine is over one page.

But I don't think that you'll get disqualified because it says in the competition description "Feel free to get as ridiculously elaborate with the details as you like; the more techniques, the more information, the better."

So I wouldn't be too worried about it.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I guess you're right. Since it seems that quite a few people did the same thing, I'll just submit it as I have it now. Now I just have to procure a scanner...Maybe in school tomorrow? Hmmm...since tomorrow's the last day...
Pazuzumaru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Assuming we won't get confirmation for whether or not the entry was recieved, eh? Anime hyper;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Zac the ANN Editor for all he has done in helping us participants in this competition.

Thank you man. You've been a great help to everyone, and we appreciate every detail that you've given regarding the contest.

I'd also like to wish good luck to all competitors in this contest.

Last edited by SharinganEyes92 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Zac the ANN Editor for all he has done in helping us participants in this competition.

Thank you man. You've been a great help to everyone, and we appreciate every detail that you've given regarding the contest.

Yes, I agree, but it's not over yet, since I still have to submit my entry as soon as I get my image scanned.

Oh yeah, and my description is now officially over one page long...I really would like to know if that is going to hurt me, though...
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:

Yes, I agree, but it's not over yet, since I still have to submit my entry as soon as I get my image scanned.

Oh yeah, and my description is now officially over one page long...I really would like to know if that is going to hurt me, though...

I honestly don't think that it will hurt because my description, techniques included, was about 2 pages long.

So if I was you, I'd just submit what you have because it does say in the contest description, "Feel free to get as ridiculously elaborate with the details as you like; the more techniques, the more information, the better."

So just go for it.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I just submitted my entry (finally!). I just made the deadline, since I wasn't able to get a scanner from a friend until today.

Anyway, here's hoping I win!

Thanks for the help, everyone!
Sketch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
I just submitted my entry (finally!). I just made the deadline, since I wasn't able to get a scanner from a friend until today.

when is the deadline anyway...
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Sketch wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

when is the deadline anyway...

Today. Winners will be posted at noon PST tomorrow.
Moohtoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Today, March 6th.

My ninja is gonna' OWNZ.
Sketch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:28 pm Reply with quote
well i geust it really sucks for me because i have have! no scanner... why could'nt we just mail it..i mean that's the way game informer do it when they have contest... we'll thanks for the help anywayeveryone.
Iconoclast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quote
yay~! sent mine yesturday. Crap forgot to include my character's age xD; Oh wells. I hope I win! Surprised I worked quite diligently on that image =) I'm quite proud of how it came out, too.

Anyway, good luck to everyone in the contest <3

btw, my first post at ANN. I just registered today. woo Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kimyo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Sketch wrote:
Well I guess it really sucks for me because I have no scanner... Why couldn't we just mail it... I mean that's the way Game Informer does it when they have contests... Well thanks for the help anyway everyone.

I don't have a scanner either, so I took my drawings to Kinko's. Thanks to my lack of comp knowledge and my unwillingness to ask for help, I wound up spending my last ten bucks on scanning just two pics. Wish I coulda sent more, but oh well.

So, yeah, you can scan at Kinko's. Just FYI for future contests.
Drogyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Kimyo wrote:
Sketch wrote:
Well I guess it really sucks for me because I have no scanner... Why couldn't we just mail it... I mean that's the way Game Informer does it when they have contests... Well thanks for the help anyway everyone.

I don't have a scanner either, so I took my drawings to Kinko's. Thanks to my lack of comp knowledge and my unwillingness to ask for help, I wound up spending my last ten bucks on scanning just two pics. Wish I coulda sent more, but oh well.

So, yeah, you can scan at Kinko's. Just FYI for future contests.

I don't have a scanner either so I just used the Paint program under accessories on my computer to draw it, if theres still time or if you plan on entering future contests you may want to see if your computer has it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 14