• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I thought Kyon would have better taste. Gundam SEED Destiny? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
omar235

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the link darkchibi07

penguintruth wrote:

Seriously. Laughing
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

He should be watching Code Geass instead. Of course, there's no guarantee that one won't become as big of a mess as GSD...
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:37 am Reply with quote
I don't know, am I the only one who could picture him watching/playing a nakige? I would have thought it would probably be more appropriate for someone with such a biting to wit to watch... oh, I don't know... say something like Kanon. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:40 am Reply with quote
selenta wrote:
I don't know, am I the only one who could picture him watching/playing a nakige? I would have thought it would probably be more appropriate for someone with such a biting to wit to watch... oh, I don't know... say something like Kanon? Laughing

Especially when he sees a complete clone of himself on the screen with sad girls in the snow?

But Kyon's used to the abnormal, so he wouldn't find that too surprising.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:58 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
selenta wrote:
I don't know, am I the only one who could picture him watching/playing a nakige? I would have thought it would probably be more appropriate for someone with such a biting to wit to watch... oh, I don't know... say something like Kanon? Laughing

Especially when he sees a complete clone of himself on the screen with sad girls in the snow?

But Kyon's used to the abnormal, so he wouldn't find that too surprising.

That's why I prefer seeing him playing a game featuring an ESPer who can control dolls with telekinesis.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
undeadben

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quote
Ok, so in a weird way, mostly the General Questions/Identifying Anime thread being thoroughly cleaned, this is now the largest thread at ANN. It's still amazing that a topic about a single anime has gotten so many posts and thoughts.. I honestly hope it does well in the DVD release.

Oh, and for the topic at hand, I think Kyon would be a Honey & Clover fan, an anime about fairly "normal" people, although he would probably hate Morita for being the crazy one in the bunch.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:22 pm Reply with quote
dormcat, the Air thing cracked me up x) Especially since I watched Air after Haruhi, and the whole time I was going "Wait...Yukito looks familiar....Kyon?"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:
dormcat, the Air thing cracked me up x) Especially since I watched Air after Haruhi, and the whole time I was going "Wait...Yukito looks familiar....Kyon?"

I believe he's referring to Itsuki since that and Yukito's voice are done by Daisuke Ono.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Murasakisuishou wrote:

I believe he's referring to Itsuki since that and Yukito's voice are done by Daisuke Ono.

Yes, but since the discussion was about Kyon watching Kanon and seeing a clone of himself, assumedly the quote has to do with what Kyon's reaction to Air would be.

And even so, Kyon looks a lot like Yukito, and that's what I was laughing at anyway.
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quote
eh, didn't know that Pride by High and Mighty Color was one of the OPs for Seed Destiny, but know I know...and knowing is half the battle!!!

But serioudly, I think it would be rather interesting to see that situation....maybe someone can come up with a pic of Kyon playing as Yuuichi...you gotta admit, it's like they were cut from a cookie sheet with the same cutter.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:31 am Reply with quote
Well, well! There's a reason for the delay of the upcoming next episode!

http://asosbrigade.com/

Seems like the hard drive blew off, and they need to replace it and reinstall everything. What the heck did Haruhi do?! Laughing
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I must say that that was pretty funny...and that this thread refuses to ever die...that's the power of Haruhi for you Razz
8daze

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I don't get the joke. Aren't you supposed to have spare parts? Shocked
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quote

Know what it is? Ticket to Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekisou (涼宮ハルヒの激奏), as I mentioned in this post. List price: 4,500 Yen, tax included.

Auction price at Yahoo! Japan: 66,000 Yen

And no, it's (both sadly AND luckily) NOT mine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 80 of 213