• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fruits Basket (see 2nd post for thread info)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Not to my knowledge. From my understanding spoiler[it was Kyo, Yuki, Hatsuharu, Kagura. Takaya sensei didn't really make any mention of whether the other Zodiac members did, though I wouldn't be surprised if Hatori did. He would seem like the type, but Kazuma is 29 while the trio are 28.]
aya_honda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised in that. Wink

I believe even now that Takaya-sensei had an inspiration of a genius when she combined spoiler[Hiro and Kisa. The way in which she manages to see the different aspects of their story makes me think that she really enjoyed writing the stories of these children. Oh, I just remembered that Hiro started to cry when confessing to Kisa how guilty felt for her being injured by Akito because he confessed to like her a lot. Then Kisa started to cry because she felt guilty of being such a burden to Hiro. They were so innocent and sweet in that particular scene.] Embarassed
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:53 pm Reply with quote
That's what is so great about FB is that spoiler[Takaya was able to bring out these love stories from all different angles, backgrounds and ages. The youngest love story obviously being HIro and Kisa but it is portrayed as an early adolescent one, innocent and just make you feel for them. Even though we're guys, doesn't mean we don't cry. Hiro proves that with his confession to Kisa. And I think all this time too he was afraid of if he told Kisa the truth and what she would have thought. Because of him she ended up in the hospital. I think it was about timing though, they both needed time away from each other and then to come back. Kisa needed support in her situation, especially from one who could understand her feelings, that being Tohru. In the end it all worked out though, and they ended up together.]
murph76

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Not to my knowledge. From my understanding spoiler[it was Kyo, Yuki, Hatsuharu, Kagura. Takaya sensei didn't really make any mention of whether the other Zodiac members did, though I wouldn't be surprised if Hatori did. He would seem like the type, but Kazuma is 29 while the trio are 28.]

Not to question you fighterholic, but spoiler[I thought Kazuma was in his mid-30s. Didn't Takaya-sensei mention in a side column somewhere that Kazuma was pushing 40? Also, when Hiro stole Tohru's photo of her mother, she followed him to Kazuma's dojo (that is the proper term, right?) to reclaim it, didn't she? I assumed Hiro went there to train, but I could be wrong. I'm a work right now and can't dig for the information.]

To me, Hiro and Kisa spoiler[are the cutest couple in the series. It's nice to see them interact because their personalities are so opposite. Each is good in an area the other is not. Hiro can speak up about things when Kisa can't, and Kisa can stop to consider the feelings of others when Hiro doesn't.]

BTW, more Fruits Basket DVDs are on their way! Yay!! Very Happy

-Murph
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
Not to question you fighterholic, but spoiler[I thought Kazuma was in his mid-30s. Didn't Takaya-sensei mention in a side column somewhere that Kazuma was pushing 40? Also, when Hiro stole Tohru's photo of her mother, she followed him to Kazuma's dojo (that is the proper term, right?) to reclaim it, didn't she? I assumed Hiro went there to train, but I could be wrong. I'm a work right now and can't dig for the information.]

To me, Hiro and Kisa spoiler[are the cutest couple in the series. It's nice to see them interact because their personalities are so opposite. Each is good in an area the other is not. Hiro can speak up about things when Kisa can't, and Kisa can stop to consider the feelings of others when Hiro doesn't.]

-Murph

Yeah, you're right. spoiler[Kazuma is pushing 40, I spent ten minutes looking through all the volumes to find that. In case anybody is interested it was in volume10. Those things that you mentioned about our cute little couple is probably what makes them so right for each other. But soon enough they begin to understand each other and see each other's world in their prospectives.]
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:03 am Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:

-Murph

Huh? Have I missed something here? NEW episodes of FB? Or do you mean more DVDs coming from Netflix or something?

BTW- I just finished PMing Tortiseshell Tabby Girl so hopefully she'll join us!
murph76

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
murph76 wrote:

-Murph

Huh? Have I missed something here? NEW episodes of FB? Or do you mean more DVDs coming from Netflix or something?

Netflix. I've never seen the anime. I should have been more specific, but I was at work and trying to keep it brief. Sorry for the confusion!

-Murph
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:
murph76 wrote:

-Murph

Netflix. I've never seen the anime. I should have been more specific, but I was at work and trying to keep it brief. Sorry for the confusion!

-Murph

Whew! I didn't think that you were talking about Netflix but it never hurts to ask! Very Happy
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:55 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
BTW- I just finished PMing Tortiseshell Tabby Girl so hopefully she'll join us!

One of my friends at work joined the site tonight, so maybe I'll see if he can come join us. I don't think he's read the manga, but I'll make sure Smile
aya_honda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quote
Guys, you know that you are corrupting people intentionally, don't you?! Wink Laughing

Btw, I thought too at the fact that spoiler[Hiro and Kisa are really made up for each other and they complete each other quite well. But now that I'm thinking most of the couples from FB are really like this. They complete each other because they have quite different ways of perceiving the world and be in that world, yet they perfectly seek each other and what is most important they find each other. ]

In spite of all his fears, I think that Hiro actually proved to be the hero that Kisa needed. spoiler[In spite of the fact that at a first glance there's nothing much Hiro does, I think since Hiro tried to protect her from the very beginning and he is ready to listen to her even though he might not like what he hears makes him suitable candidate to Kisa's heart.] Embarassed

Btw, murph, glad more DVDs are on the way. Wink
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:14 am Reply with quote
SO in a way Hiro spoiler[might be saying all these insults about somebody and then when Kisa says something he'll shut up. That's a pretty good way of putting it Wink A factor would be that trying to protect Kisa along the way would lead Hiro to open up as we progressed throughout the series.]
aya_honda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh, by the way, I just remembered a funny scene with Hiro: spoiler[they were at Shigure's house and they didn't know what to do to eat. So there was Momiji and Haru on the one side thinking to to do some curry and on the other side there was Yuki and Hiro, horrified of what the first two might do. And then while doing the curry (I think it's about this, I'm not sure) Shigure comes home and says :"Come to daddy!" and Hiro asks Yuki what was that about but then Yuki goes like "Don't mind him! He is stupid!" Laughing ]

Hiro resembles in a way to Yuki too, though I wouldn't know exactly in what. spoiler[Probably it would start with the fact that they have a seriousness about them that some other characters don't have and that it's really interesting, especially because they also have antagonistic characters: Yuki seems opposed to Haru while Hiro definetly seems opposed to Momiji. Wink ]

Btw, fighterholic, will you give us the clue today?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
aya_honda wrote:
Btw, fighterholic, will you give us the clue today?

Golly, it's Friday already? Shocked I don't know what I would do without you aya_honda Wink

I like what you said about spoiler[Hiro and Yuki being similar, because now that I think about it, they are. They are the serious ones, except that HIro does his criticism of other people in a more funny fashion.] Anyways,

Hint: spoiler[Love drove her to walk alone for an answer, but love brought her back to find her answer.]

I think if you guys can figure this out, I'd give you a handshake, a hug, or whatever it is you guys would want.
aya_honda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:59 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:

Hint: spoiler[Love drove her to walk alone for an answer, but love brought her back to find her answer.]

I know only one spoiler[character able to be described like that: Rin. She separated from Haru to find a way to break the curse, but it was Haru who convinced her never to do things on her way. ] Am I right? Am I right? (*an anxious face*) Very Happy
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:04 am Reply with quote
aya_honda wrote:
I know only one spoiler[character able to be described like that: Rin. She separated from Haru to find a way to break the curse, but it was Haru who convinced her never to do things on her way. ] Am I right? Am I right? (*an anxious face*) Very Happy

Tells me you're right on the bat about our characters Wink And, as I promised, *gives aya_honda an online hug* Hope you felt the FB love. OT but did anybody here take advantage of the ADV sale going on at rightstuf right now?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 53 of 170