• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sailor Moon and Madoka Magica Chocolates for Valentine's Day

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Why these chocolates are just 'magical'. Wink
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Y'know, in Japan, Valentine's Day is when boys receive chocolate. Should've aimed this a month later on White Day when girls receive choco. Smile
Incetion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
How the heck do I order this and get it to America?
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I updated the article with links! (sorry) I'm actually not 100% sure about food items, but I think Premium Bandai ships internationally. And since these chocolates don't need to be shipped frozen, maybe they're okay?

Can anyone else confirm this?
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Bamboo wrote:
I updated the article with links! (sorry) I'm actually not 100% sure about food items, but I think Premium Bandai ships internationally. And since these chocolates don't need to be shipped frozen, maybe they're okay?

You could use a proxy to get these I'm sure. I'm not sure about Bandai japan shipping outside of japan.
It would depend on what country you are in and what laws you have on certain food items. I'm from Canada so chocolate would be considered a snack and it fine to ship. But I can't speak for all countries. I know USA is the same as Canada.
Momokochan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Y'know, in Japan, Valentine's Day is when boys receive chocolate. Should've aimed this a month later on White Day when girls receive choco. Smile

A lot of women are giving chocolate to women nowadays, because they have more female friends in their lives than men. So, it would not be weird for a female friend give another a sailor moon choco.

As for Madoka maybe too, while I read it as a full canon queer story, there's people who see it as a strong friendship (being themadoka and homura relationship) so it's not so off topic either.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Momokochan wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

A lot of women are giving chocolate to women nowadays, because they have more female friends in their lives than men. So, it would not be weird for a female friend give another a sailor moon choco.

That's why I chose the word "receive" instead of "give" - doesn't matter who gives it. Laughing
senbonzakura

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:00 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Momokochan wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

That's why I chose the word "receive" instead of "give" - doesn't matter who gives it. Laughing

The guy might look creeped out if he received a magical girl chocolate. Unless he is an otaku and likes them too. LOL.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote
ANN_Bamboo wrote:

According to the info guide on delivery, Premium Bandai actually doesn't offer international shipping by itself (except for specific Asian countries linked to Hong Kong, in which they have an alternate English-language site set up specifically for them), but you can buy many of their products through third-party shopping services, most of which are Paypal-only.

That said, I've used third-party shopping services before. Don't expect your food to be in the greatest condition when it arrives without paying a fortune. And that's assuming the food you get isn't susceptible to temperature conditions (chocolate can melt) or spoiling over a long period of time (up to a few months, at most). Either way, third-party shopping services take a while longer than usual, so don't expect the most attractive service out of them.

Source: The website linked in the article, my Japanese, and my experience with third-party shopping services (which I still use, BTW--they're just probably not the best for shipping food...).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1