• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Date Categorization

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faithlite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Hey,

I'd like to know whether ANN can implement an additional column when listing someone's works. Say, director Hayao Miyazaki.. and his Ghibli films. Would it be possible to add the year of release for each work?

Like Spirited Away (2001) Director, Creator... etc.

This helps to keep track of the chronological timeline of a person's works. My main concern is, when looking for the works of a "smaller" director after watching his work released 10 years ago, it's difficult to see which works he has been involved in recently. This date feature would also enable us to see a person's progress in his career.

Hope this works out.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:31 pm Reply with quote
First, read through this: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6429 If your idea isn't in there already, then post it in that thread.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote
er... it's *already* done that way.
e.g. Hayao Miyazaki

Oh wait, you have to set that in your preferences. I've had it set like that for so long that I thought it was the default. Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1