• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Error report]_Naruto_Portuguese_Cast

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rayana_Wolfer
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:37 am Reply with quote
Hi!
I'm here to inform you that the Portuguese Cast of Naruto isn't really the ''Portuguese Cast''.

The information you have is about the Brasilian Cast, which is way different. I'm Portuguese and I can assure you the Naruto haven't come to Portugal yet.

Brasil and Portugal speak the same language, but they're different countries.... Embarassed

edit> here's the link

anime#1825
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:24 am Reply with quote
For an explanation of this problem, see (for example) the "Filipino instead of Tagalog" thread, and contrast it with the "change Tagalog to Filipino!" thread. IOW, this is not going to happen until the Encyclopedia software is updated.
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:58 am Reply with quote
What you can do is report an "error", and then explain that for the names already in the database, the specification "Brazilian dub", or something similar, should be added.
Then afterwards, you can enter the correct names for Portugal, eventually accompagnied with the specification "Portuguese dub" or something like that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Rayana_Wolfer
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh, now I understand... You must be tired of these kind of topics, then.
I'm sorry, I didn't want to be mean. n.n"
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Rayana_Wolfer wrote:
Oh, now I understand... You must be tired of these kind of topics, then.
I'm sorry, I didn't want to be mean. n.n"

A little, though I suspect that they affect the Encyclopedists more than I. At this point I think this needs to be added as a topic in the IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CONTRIBUTORS thread, so that we can try to avoid these questions in the future. (It won't work for most, but at least we will have some place at which to point.) :-/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1