• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Comedian: Voice Actress Ai Shimizu to Make Pro Wrestling Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Panon wrote:
Yuxing wrote:
Panon wrote:
She already receded into the lesser roles thing, she's primarily been a visual novel/game voice actress for years now, far from her anime peak back in the early-mid ninties.

You might be thinking of the wrong person. Shimizu Ai hadn't debuted yet in the 90s. Her first listed role on ANN is 2001.

Oops! Meant to say 2000's.

Very true that she's stopped most anime roles. Well, if it's any consolation, she played Sonia in Rune Factory Oceans...
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Panon wrote:
Yuxing wrote:
Panon wrote:
She already receded into the lesser roles thing, she's primarily been a visual novel/game voice actress for years now, far from her anime peak back in the early-mid ninties.

You might be thinking of the wrong person. Shimizu Ai hadn't debuted yet in the 90s. Her first listed role on ANN is 2001.

Oops! Meant to say 2000's.

That happens to most seiyuus from the early 2000s nowaday, while they are still doing their works, they just don't receive more prominent roles like before. Kuwashima Houko, Takahashi Mikako, Matsuoka Yuki, etc. One fine example is Chiba Saeko, she's been a favorite of mine since her role of Birdy, but she hasn't voiced a single TV anime character in 2012 (let alone a main character). If it wasn't because of the new Minami-ke season, I doubt that she'd make a comeback.
Banjo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:15 am Reply with quote
this must be some silly joke to get attention Twisted Evil
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am Reply with quote
Banjo wrote:

Some joke eh.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrX9Ca7LSyQ
hpulley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote
Page 2 and no one has said too bad she isn't in Sekai de ichiban tsuyoku naritai! That would have been perfect!

Wrestling isn't fake but of course shoot vs. worked is different than the moves and the pain being real.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote
BlackJaded wrote:
Banjo wrote:

Some joke eh.....

Agreed, although it's staged it's a though business which takes a lot of training and hard work to survive in. Bold career move!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
As long as they don't shoot 30 minutes of her losing matches, I'm game. Rolling Eyes
I see what you did there.Wink
DTJB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Considering the fact I've never heard of the company before and judging by the design of the poster, I'd wager the spots and bumps won't be that painful and she might just do a comedy style match.
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote
BlackJaded wrote:
Banjo wrote:

Some joke eh.....

That interview was filmed back when wrestling was portrayed as real. Some old school wrestlers still maintain kayfabe to this day. The original Sheikh, for instance, wouldn't answer the phone if anyone asked to speak to Ed Farhat (His given name), as Rob Van Dam can attest. The Undertaker only lets one person call him "Mark": Ric Flair. Never call Raven "Scott Levy" unless you've known him since before he adopted the Raven character. And DO NOT call Big Show or Triple H "Paul". Even their wives call them by their ring names.

Wrestling's scripted, not fake. Who wins is predetermined but there's no way to fake a chair shot or a 20-foot fall off the top of a steel cage.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2