• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:00 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
From the speculations I read before the show aired, I was expecting a serious and sedate fantasy like RDG, but this was a light comedy with childish, cartoony touches (graphics like the bump growing out of Inari's head after she fell, and the "sound lines" to indicate a growling stomach).

Well RDG did kind of fail big time from terrible pacing, giving a plot that was too complex for its own good.
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:10 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

Not sure if the older brother is supposed to be grumpy or angry or what, but they're definitely hinting at some kind of foil in the future.

To me it looked like spoiler[he was able to see the goddess, too. Probably runs in the family...he didn't come across as especially angry to me, perhaps a bit grumpy but definitely caring.]

I liked the first episode, but i think my enjoyment of this show will largely depend on how they gonna handle the spoiler[ transformation stuff.] It could become rather tedious if it's overdone, i suppose.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:

I liked the first episode, but i think my enjoyment of this show will largely depend on how they gonna handle the spoiler[ transformation stuff.] It could become rather tedious if it's overdone, i suppose.

I am in complete agreement with this. So far, this was my favorite first episode of this season. It was fun, the characters are charming (particularly Inari and the goddess), the potential love interest doesn't come across as an idiot and he is not some kind of lovable or innocent pervert, which is a new thing. I really like the whole concept of this show, although I think it was a terrible mistake to limit the transformative ability of Inari to only humans. This show would probably be 10 times better if she could transform into pretty much anything. It would give the writers tons more free reign to really explore all kinds of different ideas. However, even with that limitation, I do think this could be a really great show as long as the transformations don't get dull or repetitive... (like I said, HUGE mistake to limit her like that.)
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Inari is such a weird girl.
Still, these kind of weird situations she ends up in make things fun.
Kouji seems to be a pretty cool guy & a nice potential boyfriend material.
Sometimes having a divine power can lead you to pretty cool places ^^
Those gods sure have a fun way of punishing others LOL
It was nice to see Sumizome & Inari hang out.
Never thought I'd see those two get along.
Wow! I was impressed with Inari's courage.
Didn't think I'd see that until the series final episode.
It's nice they aren't stretching the plot.
Really fun and interesting episode!]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I am still getting used to the accents, but that was still a fun episode. Good for her that her crush wasn't spoiler[asking the other girl out.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Glad that spoiler[misunderstanding was cleared somewhat. I think the purpose of that "test" was to examine Inari's character as to what she would do given extreme circumstances relating to her power rather than keeping a promise.]

Idk why but it reminds me a little of spoiler[Kakashi or rather Obito from Kakashi Gaiden.] Yeah, I'm still getting used to the accents too. It might take some time.[/spoiler]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
If Inari had spoiler[decided to camp in the store room overnight and hope Sumizome would just ride it out until 24 hours had passed], I wonder if she spoiler[would have lost the challenge, even if she kept to the rules]. Would she have been that willful? I guess it's difficult to say just two eps in.

I'm appreciative that this could have been a rehash of Gingitsune, but the similarities end at the common setting of an Inari shrine. It's also much more charming than the premise would otherwise lend itself to indicate. I'm liking it much more than I thought I would.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:54 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

My favourite bit was when she spoiler[hugged the boy from behind, while transformed as his male friend]. Laughing The whole was really quite charming, like the terrible disguises spoiler[that she instantly sees through], with one of their plans being far from subtle in spoiler[asking her to transform].

I kind of liking Uka more too, and it is nice that there is a possibility for Inari.
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:11 am Reply with quote
Nice episode, but now i'm really curious about spoiler[Inari's brother's history with Uka.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
What do y'all mean when you say you're having trouble getting used to the accents? I don't know Japanese so I would have no idea if the seiyuus are using accents or not.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:37 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
What do y'all mean when you say you're having trouble getting used to the accents? I don't know Japanese so I would have no idea if the seiyuus are using accents or not.

O.O I don't know Japanese either but everyone besides the gods have a different pitch when they speak. After looking it up, it seems like they all have a Kansai accent.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:17 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Touka sure is acting weird when it comes to spirits.
Guess his childhood experience with Uka wasn't a good one.
Damn, Inari sure got a nice run around ROFL
Ohtoshi is a complete opposite of Uka.
It's pretty obvious he has a serious sister complex.
While Touka was bonding with Uka, Inari was socializing in the god realm.
At least this time we got an explanation why Uka loves her games so much.
Fun episode ^^]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Uka x older bro.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

String shield? Seriously? lol.

This was a weird episode though. spoiler[It's like you're looking into a mirror since someone else also transformed into Inari taking on her appearance effectively. Uka-san's brother is really strange. I find him a bit obnoxious and childish tbh with what he was doing at school there.]

spoiler[Miya] also made her debut as one of thespoiler[ five pillars. I hope to see more of her soon. There also seems to be a connection between Inari's bro with Uka-san. Lol @ the ending though..]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

I reckon that before learning Japanese, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but now that I'm used to the Tokyo language, the fact that everyone speaks in higher-pitched and more nasal tones seems very noticeable to me. (like WHG said, it's Kansai-ben)

What I really want to know is why the subs always use "we" pronouns for the gods' speech, when the Japanese is clearly using "I" pronouns (watashi, watakushi). Is there something context-related that I'm missing or is it just the subbers feeling eccentric?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7