• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dragonar Academy (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

So who ordered the spoiler[army of zombie dragons with rape tentacles with an extra serving of loli rape]? At the least Lucca was cool.

Probably should have figured it out this week, but apparently phantom of the opera spoiler[is the brother who killed a dragon], also he is apparently spoiler[a cyborg].
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:09 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Probably should have figured it out this week, but apparently phantom of the opera spoiler[is the brother who killed a dragon], also he is apparently spoiler[a cyborg].

At least he knows how to get ahead. spoiler[I'll be here all week.]

Oh, boy. We got a bad guy who sips fine wine while concocting his evil plots.

Well at least they came up with one thing I have never seen before. Lucca can summon her dragon by making her butt glow and shouting "come and get some!" What school of martial arts was that again?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I know Lucca spoiler[jumping off the cliff with Ash] was for dramatic effect that still seems like an incredibly insane thing to do.

This show just LOVES it's tentacle molestation doesn't it? It really makes me forget they are even dragons honestly. Since when did dragons ever rely on tentacles? Seems like a silly/stupid concept to me.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
This anime should call Dragon Rape.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:13 pm Reply with quote
I would yell "SHOW, STOP TENTACLE-RAPING YOUR GIRLS" but since this is an ecchi AND a fantasy series with monsters, and I went into it fully knowing that, it would be naive of me to expect anything less. I may as well be complaining about panties. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Since when did dragons ever rely on tentacles? Seems like a silly/stupid concept to me.

The thing with TR is that the tentacles can be made of pretty much anything. Vines, hair, string, actual tentacles, monster tongues, yeah, even in an unlikely setting, they can pop up. There are no rules with tentacles....>_>

Not a bad episode though. What Lucca did was neat and AshxEco fluff is welcome any time.

Oh, I learned a new thing.
Anytime a character says "my brother is dead", it's spoiler[never true.]

I wonder what Silvia's dad looks like. o.o I'm glad we're going to see somebody's parents. I'd been wondering wtf the king and queen have been doing....or if they were even alive. lol
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote
If they had cut down on the tentacles a bit they could have shown Silvia doing something for once instead of having it happen off screen.

Just sayin'.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:40 am Reply with quote
What I found a bit weird was the mention that that Miss Angela was in the Mausoleum, but then we never saw her. For those of you who may not recognize the name, she's the Mad Scientist Chick with amazing globes of feminine power on her chest. So, naturally, I was disappointed at not seeing them, but beyond that it's just strange for someone to say, "Oh, so and so is there" and then not see that character. What was point of mentioning her?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
Lol I was fine with that because I can't stand her. Anime hyper
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
Damn, Cosette, your timing is terrible! Well, I was actually expecting spoiler[Eco to barge in], but that didn't happen.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:42 pm Reply with quote
I hope Eco gets to keep the form that she was introduced in.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:12 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Well it looks like they are pretty much an official couple.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
You mean Ash and Silvia? That was just a case of "getting caught up in the moment," like the hand holding thing with Eco last episode. Though obviously this time things were a bit more intense.

As I've said before, I see Silvia as the only real potential romantic candidate. I actually do really like her a lot. Despite my comments in the Nisekoi thread, I don't inherently dislike tsunderes. The best kind are the traditional kind: those that start off cold and warm up over time, not the kind that has mood swings between cold and warm. Silvia still isn't completely honest with herself, but compare her now to how she was at the beginning of the show and you'll see she's come a long way.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
yeah, I like her much more now than I did at the start of the show. It's nice that Ash didn't completely freak out during their alone time and actually spoiler[went for it, until Cosette came in]. But she approves and I like that
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
You mean Ash and Silvia? That was just a case of "getting caught up in the moment," like the hand holding thing with Eco last episode. Though obviously this time things were a bit more intense.

As I've said before, I see Silvia as the only real potential romantic candidate. I actually do really like her a lot. Despite my comments in the Nisekoi thread, I don't inherently dislike tsunderes. The best kind are the traditional kind: those that start off cold and warm up over time, not the kind that has mood swings between cold and warm. Silvia still isn't completely honest with herself, but compare her now to how she was at the beginning of the show and you'll see she's come a long way.

I think Silvia still like the boy that helped her many year's ago. The viewers know who, but she doesn't remember.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:55 am Reply with quote
Personally the reason that i hate tsunderes is because they are boring and predictable. They have a very common cycle of them being dicks to everyone, the MC is able to put up with it, he befriends her by doing something to make her somewhat like him, eventually she becomes tolerable etc. The payoff isn't worth it in my opinion.

It's so nauseating that very few tsunderes these days break this cycle. Yeah I get that's the point of this character type but most of the ones I see are all the same just with a difference in appearance with maybe a tragic backstory to make us feel bad for them and of course always spouting lines like "It's not like i did this for you or anything!" (seriously whenever i hear this i cringe and resist the urge to continuously headbutt the wall). I guess you can say it's cute to see them embarrassed but I honestly just roll my eyes.

I don't necessarily find Silvia annoying, she's just a very unoriginal and generic character trope and not really what I'd call a "character". She's more tolerable to me than Eco (who i still can't stand) but that's not saying much.

No homo but I'm actually taking a liking to male tsunderes because there is much more to them imo. A good recent example of a male tsundere would be Hikari from Nagi no Asukara. I seriously hated the guy at the start but the way he matures and becomes such a likeable character blows just about any female tsundere I've seen out of the water. He even became my favorite character in the show believe it or not. Near the end of the show spoiler[he's very aware of other peoples feelings and attempts sacrifices his own so others can be happy.]

In some ways I thought he wasn't really a tsundere but just really emotional (there is a big difference).

Anyways I can see this last episode having spoiler[Ash stop Eco], they hug, kiss whatever and everything returns to the status quo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 12