• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Looks like CR and Hulu will be streaming this series. Also, updated title to Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:24 pm Reply with quote
GeminiDS85 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
They should be doing Heaven's Feel, though, but they refuse to adapt the best route for some unknown reason.

I’m in total agreement with you that Heaven’s Feel is the best of the three routes; in fact, I don’t think the other two routes even come close to it. That being said, I think having to slog through Shirou’s childish BS in Fate and Unlimited Blade Works is what really makes Heaven’s Feel so great. So in that sense, I can see why they haven’t elected to animate Heaven’s Feel yet. Perhaps they will if this remake is a big hit?

Quote:
Saber's obviously going to be the main heroine again, so I just hope Sakura gets some kind of major role.

Sadly, Sakura isn’t very popular with Japanese otaku. Hmm… I wonder why that is?

you guys should look at the survey, heaven's Feel maybe the best in your opinion. UBW is the more popular one.

One example of the survey.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=50935&show=60

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5147-Which-Fate-route-do-you-like-most

Sakura is very popular based on the Type-Moon's 10th Anniversary Characters Poll. She ranked 6. She is just not as popular as Saber and Rin.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/07/08/results-announced-for-type-moons-10th-anniversary-character-poll
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote
A remake!?
I'm in.....:3
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:21 am Reply with quote
I hope that Shirou has been taking some English classes, because in the final epic battle I don't want to hear spoiler["Unlimiteddo Bleido Worksu!!!"]
jl07045

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:47 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I hope that Shirou has been taking some English classes, because in the final epic battle I don't want to hear spoiler["Unlimiteddo Bleido Worksu!!!"]

You'll be lucky if you hear just that and not the full chant in glorius, hot-blooded Engrish. Very Happy
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
85-90% faithful to the prologue of its source material, the only noticeable changes I can see are the slightly increased exposure of the athletics comedy trio. I can't remember if blondie turned up in the prologue but it's been years since I read the novel so my memory is unreliable.

Yuki Kajiura is only a guest composer for this, the OST sound similar in style to the movie version. I haven't checked, but it should be the same composer for both this series and its movie predecessor.

Unlike the last anime series, this looks like it's not going to mix routes at all. Unfortunately many of the memorable scenes from the movie might well be recycled for the series.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Prologue:

Damn, that was great. 47+ minutes of FSN awesomeness. I find the talk between spoiler[Rin and Archer to be entertaining. At the same time, it was nice to see Rin's point of view from this remake.]

Oh poor spoiler[Shirou, you were at the wrong place at the wrong time...but then again, you are now the owner of the Saber-class servant.]

Next time is spoiler[Shirou's point of view from this route] so I can't wait for that. Thanks to ufotable to once again deliver this prologue. That ED song is glorious as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
The game's prologue was also narrated from Rin's point of view, hence my comment on 85-90%.

The ED song is not as memorable as the previous series, but there's a limit to how often you can vary the game's own OP before it gets tiresome.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 0

spoiler[Don't know what's new and what's not.
Been a long while since I've watched the series.
The art certainly looks nice.
It was good to see Tohsaka again.
Girls school uniforms were nice, but boys looked like janitors.
Tohsaka got Archer by mistake, but those two are so alike that it's funny.
Ah, the good old days of beginnings..
Archer vs Lancer was awesome!
Even Saber made an appearance.
Thing were moving fast towards the end of the episode.
Think I'm gonna be watching this.]
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 0
spoiler[There is little doubt that as a viewer you already know Archer's real identity, so the viewer knows Archer is feigning ignorance and even though he has a good idea "this would repeat" he still has a sense of nostalgia.
Biggest queue is from when he engages Saber, he has an animated smirk on his face.]
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Episode 0
spoiler[There is little doubt that as a viewer you already know Archer's real identity, so the viewer knows Archer is feigning ignorance and even though he has a good idea "this would repeat" he still has a sense of nostalgia.
Biggest queue is from when he engages Saber, he has an animated smirk on his face.]

Not sure why you're bringing that up. Only people familiar with the franchise would honestly catch something like that.

I'm fairly stoked based off this first episode, it looks like Ufotable will once again deliver a fantastic Fate experience. I thought I was done being a fan of the fate series honestly, but then Ufotable swoops back in and reminds me about it all again. Not that I'm really complaining or anything Smile

Although for some reason I was under the impression this would cover the Fate arc, not UBW. Personally, I'm a little relieved because I think UBW is more interesting and the crap shoot of a movie that was previously released about it, is a bit underwhelming.

Last edited by Kirkdawg on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Archer isn't lying when he claims amnesia, but some memories come through in patches despite his incomplete summoning.

I'm actually impressed with the adaptation since all of the facial cues in the game's prologue have been incorporated into the episode and shown to viewers.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
The game's prologue was also narrated from Rin's point of view, hence my comment on 85-90%.

The ED song is not as memorable as the previous series, but there's a limit to how often you can vary the game's own OP before it gets tiresome.

That is actually the OP song. I think its a pretty good song for Mashiro Ayano's debut song. The ED will be performed by Kalafina, I can't wait to hear that.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I really dug that. A double-length eppie but I was so into it that it felt like a normal length one. Yes, ufotable is the only studio that should ever do Type-Moon material, period. I really love their succulent background artwork - especially their night cityscapes and Rin's home, inside and outside. Really puts me in the Holy Grail War mood.

Folks, if you haven't already, find away to connect your computer to a bigscreen HDTV. You do NOT want to be watching this off a laptop screen unless you have absolutely no other choice.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

That is actually the OP song. I think its a pretty good song for Mashiro Ayano's debut song. The ED will be performed by Kalafina, I can't wait to hear that.

Many things have been said about the previous anime series, but the songs they employed were very memorable. Granted, this one is original and not based on the game's track, but I don't find it as catchy.

Another Kalafina ED? That's something to look forward to!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 38