• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Episode Review: Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Gotta agree with the review 100%. I'm usually loling from beginning to end, but this ep barely got a couple of chuckles from me. I still enjoyed it, but not much to write home about.
myskaros

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:30 am Reply with quote
Nozaki in the bear costume probably got me laughing the hardest out of any gag so far in the show :O
puppy1843e

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:20 am Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Nozaki in the bear costume probably got me laughing the hardest out of any gag so far in the show :O

Same! I hadn't even been laughing for a few episodes, but that was just hilarious.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:58 am Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:

Yup! Same goes for me,too! The other one is after they finished rehearsal, Mikorin was supposed to do it again but he went back from the start. And hiding behind a curtain while making that stare kills me. Laughing
Key

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:03 pm Reply with quote
There have, indeed, been a couple of weaker episodes in the series, but I didn't find this one to be one. It still got a full boat of laughs from me.

I do agree, though, that the series has set such a high humor standard that a few slips in maintaining top form are inevitable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SailorTralfamadore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
As much as I prefer this series focusing on the comedy over the romance, if they don't fulfill on what they teased in the next-week preview I might be very upset. Sad

But yeah, I've loved every episode (and I liked the music jokes last week) but I really enjoyed this week's, with both the storylines it focused on. It's always fun when they juxtapose Sakura's expectations from hanging out with her crush (ones I can definitely relate to from when I was in high school) to Nozaki's actual (and always bizarre) motivations.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:46 pm Reply with quote
one of my favorites this season. had me consistently laughing hard every episode. A second season would be cool, but I'm totally fine if we don't end up getting one.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Great review for episode 12. That's exactly how I felt, wanting more but still satisfied if that can't happen.
king 47

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:40 pm Reply with quote
This show was a pleasant surprise, I enjoyed it quite a bit.
I'll definitely miss it.

Good episode review by the way.
amcnulty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:20 am Reply with quote
It was a great show, wasn't it? Thanks for watching along with me and following my reviews!
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
It's really too bad that even till the end, they didn't put in the story from volume 4 (I think? Maybe 3) about Ken-san and Nozaki's old editor about when they went together to a class reunion. That was hilarious.
It's also too bad Nozaki's little brother didn't get in the anime. He showed up during the credits, but he's hilarious in the manga. He makes my little girl heart flutter. Hahaha
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
It's really too bad that even till the end, they didn't put in the story from volume 4 (I think? Maybe 3) about Ken-san and Nozaki's old editor about when they went together to a class reunion. That was hilarious.
It's also too bad Nozaki's little brother didn't get in the anime. He showed up during the credits, but he's hilarious in the manga. He makes my little girl heart flutter. Hahaha

I was hesitant to check out the source material since for me comedy often doesn't work as well in manga as it does it anime, but now i'm intrigued. Smile
<Monster>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:30 am Reply with quote
I Can't wait for this and Nisekoi's Season 2..... They are like my 2 favorite shows that I'm eager to watch......
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:

Is that who that was? I asked my wife "who the hell was that?" and she had no idea either. (neither of us have read the manga)
Ahridan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely adored this anime, from start to finish i was laughing. I leaped head first into this anime, not knowing anything, and im so glad i did,my favourite anime this season for sure
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3