• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kuroko's Basketball

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god, budget where are you... -.-
azazel13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
As usual, I'm slow on the uptake. Since I usually skip over the ED after the first time unless it's spectacular, I only just now realized that there's a different shot used after Akashi and his violin in every episode.

(slideshow (some are split so there's more than 10))

You are right. I never noticed till you mentioned it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 61
Quote:
By the end of the episode, the onus is on Kuroko to...stare really hard at Kise, I guess?

Well, that would be enough to unnerve anyone! So maybe not a bad strategy when psychology is the name of the game. Wink

I couldn't help but wonder though - is no one from their respective high schools there to cheer them on? It just seemed unlikely that the cheers would shift so dramatically from one side to another unless everyone in the stands had no horse in the race and just came to watch a good game.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I couldn't help but wonder though - is no one from their respective high schools there to cheer them on? It just seemed unlikely that the cheers would shift so dramatically from one side to another unless everyone in the stands had no horse in the race and just came to watch a good game.

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Back when I watched Ace of Diamonds practically the whole school was either at the game or watching it on tv. I don't see anyone from Seirin or Kaijo there not on the team though. I felt like the cheer of the audience changed way too quickly. They started cheering for Seirin just because they had a group huddle and chant?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:13 am Reply with quote
^It's particularly noticeable because, after Shuutoku lost to Rakuzan, Ootsubo reminded the team to bow and thank their school's cheer, who were even holding a banner with the school's motto, so in this world, schools do attend the matches to cheer on their teams. I can understand Kaijo not having their cheer present since the school is from a different prefecture (the WC takes place in Tokyo, and Kaijo is located in Kanagawa, although it's less than an hour away), but Seirin is based in Tokyo, so it doesn't make sense for them to not have their school cheering in the grades
battlephile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:24 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Oh my god, budget where are you... -.-

I guess they were saving it for the end. The animation in the last 2 episodes have improved.

Last edited by battlephile on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
battlephile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
EP. 12:

“Man, this does me in…If I don’t sink this, I can’t call myself a man!”

Such pressure. Those final seconds were intense.

Looking forward to the Teiko flashback. I may get to see Aomine play again.
whiteNeko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:59 pm Reply with quote
I think all the Kise fangirls cried when he cried. Anime hyper

I loved how they integrated the OP and ED in between the scenes. So I guess this means we are getting a new OP and ED next week.
azazel13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Ep 12/62

Great to see Kuroko scoring his first buzzer beater. I'm quite excited for the Teiko arc. The anime has given a backstory to almost everyone except Kuroko. And holy hell, the babyfaces of GoM.
Oyasumi0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
“There are two of him,”

Just my guess but it sounds to me like Akashi has a split personality. I'm wondering how they'll fit the flashback arc and final game in just 12 episodes. Maybe six for each arc?
Kurama4Ever!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Is CR seriously 2 weeks behind? I thought it was only a week! Sad
leesahlynn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Does anybody know if the translation was bad this week on Midorima's Akashi line or if the manga was just a great scanlation effort from the start? In the manga he says something like "You have one person you can rely on... Akashi has two" which I thought sounded hella cool and mysterious and Midorima-y, a lot better than "there are two of him".

Oh well. Teiko arc here we come, all aboard the feels train.
battlephile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Oyasumi0 wrote:
I'm wondering how they'll fit the flashback arc and final game in just 12 episodes. Maybe six for each arc?

Season 3 has 26 episodes that means 14 left. It's not confirmed but it's been posted on the KnB fanpage that Teiko arc will run from 4/4 ~ 5/23. That's about 8 episodes. Not sure how the stuido plans to do the last match in just 6 episodes.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
leesahlynn wrote:
In the manga he says something like "You have one person you can rely on... Akashi has two" ...

That makes me conjure up a Knight in the Area type of storyline where he got his dead brother's eye or something. Smile
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
battlephile wrote:
Season 3 has 26 episodes that means 14 left. It's not confirmed but it's been posted on the KnB fanpage that Teiko arc will run from 4/4 ~ 5/23. That's about 8 episodes. Not sure how the stuido plans to do the last match in just 6 episodes.

If the Teikou arc will really run for that long, then it's pretty clear they're aiming for a fourth season, even if it's an OVA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10