• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Old Video Troubleshooting

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigByteSlim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote
No worries, thanks Smile.
BigByteSlim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Just watched the 720p stream and it worked a treat with subs, thanks for that Smile.

The only strange thing I noticed was that during both the OP and ED sequences there were a lot of stops and starts every few seconds for buffering - just a bit weird since it was silky smooth at all other points.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Yes, we're continuing to have minor bandwidth issues to our Australian viewers, but how bad they are seems to be up to the whims of the internets. The OP/ED are slightly higher bandwidth than the rest of the show, however, and even some of our American viewers can't make full use of the 720p stream. That's why we have 3 quality modes.

Glad it seems to be (mostly) working for you though.
BigByteSlim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Cool, makes sense I suspected those sequences might be slightly higher bandwidth.

Overall pleased with it though, I was expecting it to be much worse after the poll that went up on the site before about issues Smile.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:46 am Reply with quote
It's the same over at Crunchyroll - I've yet to get the Nichijou OP to play without stopping every few seconds. Last time I watched a video I left resource monitor running and there was a definite increase in bandwidth usage during the ED (Battle Girls in that case, and I've had problems playing that ED too).
So far I've yet to have the same problems at ANN (although I've only watched 4 videos and one of those was at 480p due to the above sub problems) but over at crunchy I'm increasingly having to refresh multiple times to get a stable stream.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
BigByteSlim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote
This is a strange one but as far as I can tell quality wise T&B eps 3 and 4 look the same in both 480p and 720p. Ep1 and 2 there's definitely a big jump in quality, 720p looks a lot better (same with C ep 1) but ep 3 and 4 still look very pixelated just like 480p.

These are for the ANN AU streams.
Nephtis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:27 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Yes, we're continuing to have minor bandwidth issues to our Australian viewers, but how bad they are seems to be up to the whims of the internets. The OP/ED are slightly higher bandwidth than the rest of the show, however, and even some of our American viewers can't make full use of the 720p stream. That's why we have 3 quality modes.

Glad it seems to be (mostly) working for you though.

Yep I just checked out C for Control and I could watch the entire show up until most of the ED in 720p without an issue. Strange given I couldn't watch episode 2 of Tiger & Bunny at all on 720p...stupid internets.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
militsa

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm having trouble watching episodes 33 and 34 and on, on Nobody's Boy Remi. No troubles up to this point, we did get ep 35 to play, but then again had this problem on ep 36. I have a feeling this may be repeated on all the rest of the eps but I haven't gone through all of them to see. When I try to play 33, 34 etc, sometimes ads play on my Mac, I get a fail to catch the commercials message on my desktop, even though we've had no trouble with earlier eps, and we've tested them, they still run (I'm watching this with my kids so we are very persistent! Anime hyper) or the ads play over and over without loading the episode. So it looks like eps 33 on aren't loaded right. Can you check them out? Thanks!
Takuku

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:49 am Reply with quote
I'm having issues with videos playing through Anime On Demand. The main issue i'm having is it seems at every ad point, the video will start to play with just the audio for the first few seconds. No ads are actually playing during the video and i've been allowing all the urls that are getting blocked by Kaspersky and still having the issue.

And since doing some the video won't even play most of the time now. I've tried both IE9 and Chrome version 11.0.696.65. OS is windows 7 too.
24kaI

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:06 am Reply with quote
I recently purchased the Persona Trinity soul video part 1 package. Episodes 7,9,11,14,15 do not play. They show a black screen with the spinning white loading animation for a long time then go back to the white ANN video player screen. The other episodes work fine.
militsa

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Nobody's Boy Remi episode 43 is not loading but the ones after it are, so I think it's a glitch with the episode. Please check it out when you get a chance. Thanks!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Steins;Gate 2

http://fast.anime-on-demand.com/video/13095/

The episode is highlighted in the sidebar on the main page of AoD and ANN:UK, but isn't showing up on the video page nor on the Steins;Gate page:
http://fast.anime-on-demand.com/video/
http://fast.anime-on-demand.com/video/anime?p=S#series489

Around 12 minutes in there some onscreen text from a chatroom as well as someone talking and the subs get a bit wierd - text disappearing before you can see it and I think one line that wasn't subbed at all. Following that the subs seem to be constantly lagging behind the dialogue by a second or so - it's become really noticeable since the conversation at 16 mins.

There's a line at 18:48 ("I send that mail...") which goes off the top of the screen when in fullscreen (Win 7 64-bit, screen resolution 1920x1200, Chrome 13.0.767.1, Flash 10.3.181.14)

But not when windowed:

It's not visible at all on my other screen (1366x768) when fullscreened:

----

Also to repost from the Deadman Wonderland ep 1 talkback thread (which I will now delete from there):

http://fast.anime-on-demand.com/video/12431/

At 07:29 the subs read
Quote:
I didn't do it—

Crunchyroll has the same translation, and the broken character looks over there to be an em dash.

Same thing again at 15:46:
Quote:
What the hell are you doing—

and 17:51:
Quote:
I wanna know how it felt, ripping through a whole class of—
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
zengu

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I'm one of the beta subscribers for ANN AU and for some reason I no longer have access to the 720p versions of video. ^^' AFAIK, the subscription is meant to last 3 months, and I managed to access [C] in 720p two days ago, so I'm a little curious as to why this is happening. I've tried logging out and then logging back in, but there's no change.

It would be much appreciated if this could be fixed. Anime hyper
BigByteSlim

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:40 am Reply with quote
Have the same issue as well.

On another note linking back to my previous post, I still think the quality of the T&B 720p stream is quite lacking after the first couple of eps. Quite hard to tell the difference between 480p and 720p IMO (especially compared to C which looks a lot better in 720p).
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:40 am Reply with quote
ARGH!!! Too many issues!!

Black screen for a few seconds after a CM break: This is a known issue with our player and some versions of Flash, which we will update soon to fix this.

Some episodes timing out (Remi): Still trying to nail down what's causing this. All I can say is try coming back later.

Off-screen text in Steins;Gate 2: I think I fixed this.

Gibberish characters in Deadman Wonderland 1: I'll have to re-encode this. Give me a day or so.

720p access on AoD: I'll have to have Dan look at this.

720p quality on T&B: Yeah, I know, we're working on making that better. I didn't encode those episodes, that's why it doesn't look as good. I just gave the responsible party my software, so hopefully we should see a quality boost soon. :p
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 11