• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood-C (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Then we have a mutual understanding. You will continue to watch a show you apparently don't like and I will continue to point out that doing so is an unmistakeable hallmark of idiocy. YAY!!! Rolling Eyes
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Then we have a mutual understanding. You will continue to watch a show you apparently don't like and I will continue to point out that doing so is an unmistakeable hallmark of idiocy. YAY!!! Rolling Eyes

No. The retarded shit is you making it seem that liking or disliking a show is just a static issue. Whatever amount of problems I have with the show is not enough to make me drop it. Now if you can kindly stop with the insults of intelligence this thread can get back to be civil.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Oh, so there is something about the show that you do like? Anything you'd like to share with the class, Arse?
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
If I haven't said so in 5 pages then I am not doing so at your behest.
lol Arse. In all my years of using this nickname on forums and MMOs that is the first time ever hearing that one.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Well, naturally, one wouldn't want to sully one's posts with balance, would one? Much better to relentlessly promote the negative!
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:00 pm Reply with quote
If you want balance then you provide the yang to other's yin or balance your own posts accordingly.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I am personally still hoping for some great plot development to happen-this sort of things are not unheard of. I really disliked Shiki for the first 6/7 eps only to find myself loving it in the end.

Although in this case, I started thinking that perhaps Clamp are saving the bst for the ending credits of the last episode.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote
In every post before Blood-'s outburst I have only been commenting about Saya's easy going life and my readiness for CLAMP to start with the twists, yet that means I am relentlessly promoting negativity.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Actually, my reference to you relentlessly promoting the negative was your refusal to divulge what - if anything - you like about the show. I'm glad to clear up this misunderstanding for you.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quote
So it was my one post not complying to your request is what you call "relentlessly promoting negativity." My misunderstanding was that I didn't think anyone would react to one statement so dramatically.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Well then, don't you feel silly? Anyway, as fun as exchanging inane posts with you is, I don't want this thread to get more derailed than it already has been. Buh-bye.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Blood- wrote:
And in terms of speculation that is sparked by tropes, I don't have a good feeling about Saya's dad making it all the way through the series.

He's a main character's father figure voiced by Keiji Fujiwara in a monster hunting show. What could possibly go wrong? I'm putting my chips on him being in it for the long haul.

I wrote him off after they spent half of an entire episode pounding home how much Saya loves him, talking and singing about nothing but how much Saya loves him. I'm fairly sure he'll be toast before the 5th episode. :)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:54 am Reply with quote
We should start a death pool! Yeah, I'm pretty sure his death is going to bring out "bad" Saya.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote
Is there a "bad Saya"? Unlike a lot of shows, I don't see monster-killing Saya as a berserker-type. Quite the opposite, she's all business. There's so little connection between the Saya that goes monster-hunting and the one who sings songs that I can't see how her pa' biting it would make much of a difference. Clumsy Saya would be all "Oh, I'm sad, now, I'll sing a song about how sad I am," while RedEye Saya would say "Whelp, time to kill more monsters." Are there more Sayas? (This is a CLAMP show)

I say he dies choking on one of those terrifying guimauve things at that restauranty place, and then things get really awkward between Saya and the proprietor. The rest is a drama where she tries to come to terms with her feelings of both anger and adoration towards the dude, while at night, she keeps on killing monsters as normal. As the end of the show approaches, Saya's clone appears and starts doing the monster hunting, so now-unemployed nighttime Saya takes to the streets to beg for change, which doesn't go well because no one else in the entire town ever seems to use the streets. Everything wraps up neatly when Emo Kid turns out to be a polygamist and marries both Sayas (if they're clones, does it really count as polygamy?), while Restaurant Owner gets shut down for health code violations, having made those guimauve monstrosities with blood.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Development... sort of. Apparently, spoiler[Saya does care when folks get killed by monsters, and they decided to show it this time. It seems a bit inconsistent with the last episode, but whatever.]

That said, Emo Kid really needs to learn to speak clearly. Saya is dense to the point of disability, and one needs to speak in a clear, straightforward manner to communicate with such folks. The rest of her friends are screwing around, taking advantage of her for a laugh. But what's Emo Kid's excuse? Is he afraid that if he gets through to her, he won't be able to go home and write an emo song about it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 12