• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate Is #1 Franchise in Collective CD, Book, Video Sales for March

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Fate is dang good, no surprise there. Between all the recent shows, all the spin-off manga, and figures, it was a shoo-in.

Also really happy to see Digimon so high; it sometimes feels underrepresented. News of Tri and the recent video game must have helped!
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Okay....why is this particularly worth mentioning for this specific month? What about other months then as this feature does go back a ways? Is this going to be a new feature or something or is ANN just trying to make a quota by fishing Yaraon for random tidbits of interest related news cause it looks like the latter in this case as it has for a while now with certain articles?

Futhermore where's the tidbit of information pointing out that the previous 2 months Fate couldn't even make the top 20, but that other franchises for this month that's on there. I get the need to constantly push, promote, hype and celebrate the Fate franchise of late, but it's kind of getting a little tiresome now with news tidbits clearly being centered around very thinly veiled promotions of certain titles and products (it does not go unnoticed that the article writer made sure to not only plug but directly link to where one can buy the product as it pertains to Fate which wasn't in the original Yaraon article, but none of the other titles mentioned in the list), particularly for certain sponsors of the site. Like if one wants to put this under the interest label (I'd almost be tempted to suggest putting it under advertisement) fine, but this doesn't really strike me as important "news" in the sense that something like the articles immediately following it does.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Okay....why is this particularly worth mentioning for this specific month? What about other months then as this feature does go back a ways? Is this going to be a new feature or something or is ANN just trying to make a quota by fishing Yaraon for random tidbits of interest related news cause it looks like the latter in this case as it has for a while now with certain articles?

Futhermore where's the tidbit of information pointing out that the previous 2 months Fate couldn't even make the top 20, but that other franchises for this month that's on there. I get the need to constantly push, promote, hype and celebrate the Fate franchise of late, but it's kind of getting a little tiresome now with news tidbits clearly being centered around very thinly veiled promotions of certain titles and products (it does not go unnoticed that the article writer made sure to not only plug but directly link to where one can buy the product as it pertains to Fate which wasn't in the original Yaraon article, but none of the other titles mentioned in the list), particularly for certain sponsors of the site. Like if one wants to put this under the interest label (I'd almost be tempted to suggest putting it under advertisement) fine, but this doesn't really strike me as important "news" in the sense that something like the articles immediately following it does.

The only answer is that nasu is slipping ANN money.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

Aren't you maybe....overreacting?
Beatslars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
There's a mistake in the English novel booklet for the Unlimited Blade Works Blu-ray set. Should be 50 pages of content but stops at page 35. Other than that it's a great set!

konqueror

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

Wow dude you're mad as hell.

The interesting thing is that such an uknown franchise as Fate is at top #1, because let's be real: nobody knows Fate in japan besides otaku. It is common to see One Piece or any other Shonen Jump franchise at top #1 along with other Light Novel crap stuff, but Fate? That's neat.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Those sale figures of Fate are total, 2015, or just of March?
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
anime series, anime series, and then at the very bottom suddenly 24 starring Kiefer Suderland. Laughing Though the only one of these franchise I care about is Kancolle. Nice to see it up there.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:25 pm Reply with quote
HOLD IT! How is Assassination Classroom #2?Doesn't it just have manga and anime? Wait... March only. Sorry, I get it now. Still, well done Assassination Classroom.
konqueror

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Those sale figures of Fate are total, 2015, or just of March?

Only March 2015.
allen.stinger.5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:12 pm Reply with quote
It seems that people doesn't realize the blu ray of FSN got released 25th march
OpinionatedWeaboo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:42 pm Reply with quote
And this is all thanks to Ufotable. The previous iterations (or should I say attempts?) from the Fate series never made it this high, that should tell you something.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:54 pm Reply with quote
As expected when Ufotable is involved.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:47 pm Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
anime series, anime series, and then at the very bottom suddenly 24 starring Kiefer Suderland. Laughing Though the only one of these franchise I care about is Kancolle. Nice to see it up there.

lmao 24 was the 2nd thing that stood out to me. its just barely hanging on
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:32 pm Reply with quote
konqueror wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

Wow dude you're mad as hell.

The interesting thing is that such an uknown franchise as Fate is at top #1, because let's be real: nobody knows Fate in japan besides otaku. It is common to see One Piece or any other Shonen Jump franchise at top #1 along with other Light Novel crap stuff, but Fate? That's neat.

How can it be unknown if people never shut up about it and a company is blitzkrieg advertising the crap out of it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2