• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, April 6-12

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RikudoAkatsuki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Wow bleach how far have you fallen...also Toriko is doing pretty bad considering the amount of push it got. Shocked
Nozarashi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
RikudoAkatsuki wrote:
Wow bleach how far have you fallen...also Toriko is doing pretty bad considering the amount of push it got. Shocked

I don't think Bleach is doing that bad. 400k in 2 weeks is pretty good for a manga that hasn't had an anime in almost 3 years. If anything, Attack on Titan's sales seems to have declined. It used to be up there with One Piece, but even with all of the spin-offs and movies it has been getting it still only sold 860k in its first week while One Piece sold 1.6 million.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
^ There's a special edition placing third on the list.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Seraph of the End seems to be getting a healthy anime effect with the early volumes all popping up towards the bottom of the chart. Will be interesting to see if this continues as the season goes on.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Nozarashi wrote:

I don't think Bleach is doing that bad. 400k in 2 weeks is pretty good for a manga that hasn't had an anime in almost 3 years. If anything, Attack on Titan's sales seems to have declined. It used to be up there with One Piece, but even with all of the spin-offs and movies it has been getting it still only sold 860k in its first week while One Piece sold 1.6 million.

it's fallen because it used to sold around 1m after few weeks.
ichii_1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:10 pm Reply with quote
RikudoAkatsuki wrote:

Bleach is still in the top 20 every year anyways, so that will keep it going till season 2

Gintama barely beat Toriko, despite having an anime Anime hyper
You should be disappointed in gintama instead.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Wow, what a sharp dropoff after 2nd place.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:30 pm Reply with quote
ichii_1 wrote:

But Gintama has never received the kind of push and publicity that Toriko did. Back when Bleach fell out of grace, WSJ started pushing for Toriko as their next big thing, but in reality, even when it did have an anime, it never managed the kind of sales Bleach had in its prime and it barely makes the top 20 yearly lists. Basically the amount of promotion WSJ gave this series was never reflected in its sales, which is why it looks like an even bigger failure
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:05 pm Reply with quote
If you combine the regular and limited editions of AoT is about 1,056,634, right? Pretty good.
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Nozarashi wrote:
RikudoAkatsuki wrote:

If you add the limited edition it would be 1 million. Plus it was released only 4 days ago.
Volume 15 did 1.2 million in 6 days. So not really that much of a drop off.

Last edited by sim0n2170 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:07 pm Reply with quote
RikudoAkatsuki wrote:

Bleach has fallen....that's why it's in the top five sellers this April. ok it seems Bleach haters have gotten even more obnoxious than the fanboys recently. as for Toriko jump stopped giving it a push a long time ago as Assassination classroom took it's place, all those One piece cross overs can't keep it a float forever
RikudoAkatsuki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:45 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
RikudoAkatsuki wrote:

Bleach has fallen....that's why it's in the top five sellers this April. ok it seems Bleach haters have gotten even more obnoxious than the fanboys recently. as for Toriko jump stopped giving it a push a long time ago as Assassination classroom took it's place, all those One piece cross overs can't keep it a float forever

Lol you call me a hater for stating facts bleach at it's peak used to do
1.2 mil now it can barely hit 600k that's a pretty big fall. Calm down bruh I'm about that shinigami life Anime hyper
RikudoAkatsuki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:53 pm Reply with quote
ichii_1 wrote:
RikudoAkatsuki wrote:

Bleach is still in the top 20 every year anyways, so that will keep it going till season 2

Nope Toriko got so much push just to be where it's at. Imagine if it got no push....
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:15 am Reply with quote
RikudoAkatsuki wrote:
theNightster wrote:
RikudoAkatsuki wrote:

Lol you call me a hater for stating facts bleach at it's peak used to do
1.2 mil now it can barely hit 600k that's a pretty big fall. Calm down bruh I'm about that shinigami life Anime hyper

maybe that was an overreaction, sorry about that, I'd still say it's doing ok for a manga that hasn't had an anime in god knows how long and I can't exactly prove whether or not Periot wants to revisit good old soul society for one last time if you know what I mean, this isn't exactly something like Attack on titan where you know the anime's continuation is inevitable
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:27 am Reply with quote
RikudoAkatsuki wrote:
Nope Toriko got so much push just to be where it's at. Imagine if it got no push....

Roughly where Isobe Isobee Monogatari is? I didn't even know it got volume releases. Heck, it doesn't even have a Wikipedia article.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2