• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Popular Light Novel List Speculates Which Could Get Anime Next

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaneSavantElla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:09 am Reply with quote
Seeing Kino's Journey up there at top 5 makes me yearn again for a second season. It is the 15th anniversary of the novels after all, and one can dream.

And this poll that was recently put up by dengeki bunko only served to keep my hopes up (but will likely get dashed in the end... :/)
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:32 am Reply with quote
SaneSavantElla wrote:
Seeing Kino's Journey up there at top 5 makes me yearn again for a second season. It is the 15th anniversary of the novels after all, and one can dream.

And this poll that was recently put up by dengeki bunko only served to keep my hopes up (but will likely get dashed in the end... :/)

I think Kino might have a bet better chance for more anime adaptations when they finally finish the light novel series. By finally finishing it up, you can finally do more anime to the point of adapting the remaining novels.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:12 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Instead of new ones, how about continuing/finishing off these adaptations:

Full Metal Panic!
Tokyo Ravens
Spice and Wolf
Legend of the Legendary Heroes
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
The Irregular at Magic Highschool
Maoyu
Hyouka
Ghost Hunt(?)
Highschool DxD
A Certain Magical Index
Chrome Shelled Regios
Sword Art Online
Hagani
Monogatari Series (already pretty much a done deal but added nonetheless)
Unbreakable Machine-doll
Haruhi Suzumiya series
A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives
Black Bullet

I think all of those were novel based anyway. There are probably more I could add from what I've seen too, but I don't always know what the source was.

Strangely enough almost every Ln in there are among my favourite anime xd i mean i already cought up to them (in the LN and anime) and know the spoilers for the ones without translation but it would be cool to get a season full of reboots. Xd

Ps: you missed No Game No Life . And Hidan no Aria - the only series beside dxd that make convinsing(sorta) ero power-up's. And i want to see an animated Kaname/Watson/Jeanne.

Last edited by AksaraKishou on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:16 am Reply with quote
Lili-Hime wrote:
cosain wrote:
I would love a Pandora Hearts reboot since the entire manga series is finished, then adapt its light novels to be anime too and then we all cool.

I would commit crimes to make this happen T__T

YOU AND ME..
This one was one of the cases where they made an anime too early( in my opinion)
hakunamakara

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:25 am Reply with quote
nobody else hyped at the prospect of a Precious Lies anime?? that LN was brilliant in a myriad of ways and was easily one of my favorite reads over the last few years. the manga adaptation wasn't anything spectacular, but as a film or an OVA series, handled in the same was as Bungaku Shoujo (probably the film that's touched me the most in the medium) or Denpa Teki (probably the OVA that excites me the most in the medium), could result in a masterpiece.

I'm really surprised at the fact that it was the top seller though, or at least compared to the other works on the list. Considering the popularity and market appeal of Monogatari and DRRR when I visited the nippon, I just assumed those would be unchallenged at the top, not a Yandere-centric mystery thriller that nobody I've spoken to has ever read.
Flare-kun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:38 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if some on that list gets announced for an anime adaptation this year. The biggest ones that I hope will be Spice and Wolf as well as Baccano. Curiously enough, the author of S&W will be at the anime expo this week so curious to see what they have to say about their work if they want to see more anime adaptations of it..

Man, if they did another season of Baccano, I'd be so thrilled. It felt like the story was just getting started at the end of the last one.
Archaeon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:43 am Reply with quote
I think it should be a combination of finishing off certain series (Mahouka, Guin Saga, Spice & Wolf, etc), or doing a better version of certain titles than the piss-poor fare we were offered (Maoyuu Mao Yuusha for example - the light novel series is interesting and the manga adaptation with art by Ishida Akira is really quite good, so why ditch all of that to do a half-arsed anime adaptation with awfulk character designs by Karasu Hiroaki), but there should be some new things coming through too. Here are some of my suggestions:

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
The New Gate
Tenkyou no Alderamin
Overlord
World Teacher

And if the anime industry as a whole is feeling a bit fruity, then I would love to see adaptations of these (not all light novels unfortunately)

City of Darkness
The Breaker
Feng Shen Ji
The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
hakunamakara

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:50 am Reply with quote
Archaeon wrote:
....but there should be some new things coming through too. Here are some of my suggestions:

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
The New Gate
Tenkyou no Alderamin
Overlord
World Teacher

One more week!
Archaeon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:00 am Reply with quote
@hakunamakara

Thanks for reminding me Smile
FredMaki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:29 am Reply with quote
Let me guess it will be another fantasy,harem anime, with a school setting I mean most of the LN inspired animes that are coming this year are full of this kind of generic genres.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
I'd rather see a longer list to guess the chances of shield hero.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari? I would love to see that as well, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be popular enough to give any hope of an adaptation soon.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:54 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari? I would love to see that as well, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be popular enough to give any hope of an adaptation soon.

IMO danmachi and oregairu ending in a high note (5,135/11,478 discs on the first week) enhance the possibilities of a fantasy themed anime series with a dark knight as protagonist; just like Attack on Titan popularity made Owari no Seraph become an anime series.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
IMO danmachi and oregairu ending in a high note (5,135/11,478 discs on the first week) enhance the possibilities of a fantasy themed anime series with a dark knight as protagonist; just like Attack on Titan popularity made Owari no Seraph become an anime series.

Well hopefully if it gets green lit a good studio picks it up. I've only been reading the manga but I know the web novel already has tons of chapters of material.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Spice and Wolf 3. That would take the cake, from the shop!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...I think ToraDora is worthy of another season. I found the ending of the show to be suggesting that there may be more to it...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4