• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Prison School Anime's Hana TV Ad Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgosdin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:50 am Reply with quote
You would think with it's premise this would be a bit on the outlandish side, and you can bet it will be.

However, my graduating class had more girls than boys which occasionally resulted in classroom imbalances like the infamous Middle School Language Arts class with 25 Girls and 1 Boy ... Me.

So, I've got a little sympathy for this kind of thing.

Mark Gosdin
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:03 am Reply with quote
Everyone's favorite girl for some reason. Confused
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:07 am Reply with quote
I haven't read Prison School, but I think I understand why so many fans love Hana with just this video.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:23 am Reply with quote
No. Not quite. Very Happy
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Seeing those 2 side by side is rather amusing, you've got boobs that you can find on any real women, and boobs you could probably only see on a very fat.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:31 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like Hanazawa Kana has managed to capture Midorikawa Hana's mood swings. Not an easy task.

Last edited by Hameyadea on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
KingKhai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
It sounds like Hanazawa Kana has managed to capture Midorikawa Hana mood swings. Not an easy task.

Epic WIN Smile
anddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:14 am Reply with quote
I know this will be a controversial opinion, but I don't feel HanaKana was the right choice for Hana.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:09 am Reply with quote
Have noticed that those that read this series like Hana. From that PV, feel like she may be the character I'd like least.

Still unsure if I'll really like this series, but I have to check it out. Mainly due to word of mouth.
KingKhai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:03 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Have noticed that those that read this series like Hana. From that PV, feel like she may be the character I'd like least.

Still unsure if I'll really like this series, but I have to check it out. Mainly due to word of mouth.

Yes please do check it out Smile
But bear in mind more often than not the anime version won't capture the full greatness of the original manga version (like the awesome art, presentation style.etc that makes the series great as it is, sometimes anime changes the plot even but hopefully this won't be the case). So if the anime fails to impress you, do try the manga before dropping it Wink

btw I love Hana's character too but I can't decide if I like her more or the president Mari Anime hyper
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:20 am Reply with quote
Oh, even if there are changes made in the anime, if I like it enough I'll buy the manga. There are just some things about this series that may not sit well with me, which is why I prefer seeing the anime than going with the manga.

Main reason being, I'm already a member for subscription services which should allow me to see the anime without spending extra $ that would be required to get the manga. Laughing
KingKhai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:28 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Oh, even if there are changes made in the anime, if I like it enough I'll buy the manga. There are just some things about this series that may not sit well with me, which is why I prefer seeing the anime than going with the manga.

Main reason being, I'm already a member for subscription services which should allow me to see the anime without spending extra $ that would be required to get the manga. Laughing

Sure, whatever floats your boat Smile
Its just that some anime adaptations give a wrong impression of the original source (for example, imo, Yamada and the 7 Witches anime - grossly unfaithful to the manga as to make it not as good as it actually is). So just be careful about that Wink
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:07 am Reply with quote
I'm reading the Yamada-kun manga, but haven't seen the anime.

As for helping it make my decisions, I can understand how a series can ruin the source material. But, if I'm not enjoying anything about the anime, from plot to characters, then it's highly unlikely that the manga will change my mind.

I've heard about the characters and events from Prison School, and it does/doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Some things really interest me, some really put me off. That's why the anime will be helpful. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1