• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: K: Return of Kings

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Jeezaloo... My issue is still with Seri. Her dress may have looked nice on her, but she was walking so damn hard, I'm surprised her boobs didn't whack her in the face. Or fell out. Just the slightest movement from her sends them flying across the room.

Fan service aside, Kusenagi's break dance kicks in the elevator was awesome!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

I think my biggest problem with the episode was how distracting the moving scenery in the windows of the room were. It wasn't that it was moving, but that it wasn't moving during the overhead shots and showed a completely different landscape. So I kept trying to figure out if that was a different window than the one(s) seen at table level, and who was sitting where, and whether they were actually moving or not, and kept having to back up to read the dialog. I don't even understand why they'd want moving scenery anyway. You'd think they'd get motion sick after awhile.

Agreed that Seri looked great in that dress, but also agree that her walking scenes were hilarious. Reminded me of Naruto trying to perfect his Rasengan with water balloons.
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:49 am Reply with quote
Was I the only one confused if Izumo was actually Izumo or that one guy from Scepter 4? That bothered me even past the elevator scene, and I wasn't completely sure until they were like "You delt with HOMRA and Scepter 4's #2s" Maybe I just missed something obvious though since I was multitasking while watching =P

And the elevator scene was awesome, if not completely unrealistic xD Izumo shouldn't have escaped like 10+ bullets in an enclosed space without a scratch, but it looked pretty.

I'm still hoping Fushimi is pulling some kind of double agent act, but you never really know with him. I'd bet on him stabbing the green tribe in the back, but not trying to go back to blue after that. Being a loner or something (and then the blues or reds welcoming him back for a tearful reunion anyways) My biggest worry right now is that the greens will turn on Fushimi at a crucial moment...maybe kill him in front of Yata or Seri or someone to set them off. Prayer circle for Fushimi, haha.
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote
WashuTakahashi wrote:
Was I the only one confused if Izumo was actually Izumo or that one guy from Scepter 4?

No, you definitely weren't alone. I suppose Izumo is one of those anime guys that gets ten times prettier as soon as you remove his glasses. Laughing

As for the rest of the episode: as much as i enjoy the unorthodox way the Greens are going about things, i was a bit puzzled by how easily they accepted a guy who'd been a high-ranking member of another clan only a month ago (even Fushimi himself seemed rather puzzled). But i guess they just love gambling...
kamui85

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:44 pm Reply with quote
did fushimi betrayed the blues just because that tiny argument he had with the blue king?
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
kamui85 wrote:
did fushimi betrayed the blues just because that tiny argument he had with the blue king?

I wouldn't really call that a tiny argument. Munekata hit a definite sore spot. But whether he did that on purpose or not to manipulate Fushimi is still up in the air.
Merida

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:01 am Reply with quote
Looks like Munakata is prepared to go out in a blaze of glory which is probably why he employed the guy who killed the previous Blue King as his personal bodyguard.

I'm curious how the supposedly indestructable slates are going to be destroyed. Even though Shiro said that he plans to make it out alive, i'd imagine it to require some pretty drastic measures.

On a side note, Seri's boob movements are still disturbing as hell. Does anyone seriously think that looks sexy?! Shocked
Key

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
On a side note, Seri's boob movements are still disturbing as hell. Does anyone seriously think that looks sexy?! Shocked

Yes, I have been wondering about this myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote
^ Who needs a sword when you're packin' guns like these babies?

The music has improved a bit over the last 2 or 3 episodes, I guess. It feels less like a shopping mall and more like a cocktail lounge now. Speaking of which, I can't see Izumo behind the bar anymore without thinking of Polar Bear. Smile
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Merida wrote:

Yes, I have been wondering about this myself.

That's what I've been getting at, but nobody seems to care.

Everyone under the impression that it's normal for a 100lb or less woman to be walking around with appear to be a double D cup. Seri's body type is slim, and for her to have those.... it just makes no sense. Mad

But, hey. Anime wants us to believe anything is possible, so find someone with those attributes and we can understand better.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:34 am Reply with quote
The size of her boobs compared to her body is not impossible (I've known a couple of women who make hers look average). What's impossible is that with the zero support that her uniform provides (or even if she had a properly fitting bra), she could not possibly be leaping around like a ballerina without doing serious injury to her back and shoulders, among a host of other problems of balance and pain. Breast reduction surgery exists for a reason.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:10 am Reply with quote
I'm overall immune to anime boobs at this point, what baffles me is the way they make them move, it's so exaggerated. Like the way they jiggle makes them look like water balloons or blobs of flesh, I find it rather gross, are there people who find that sort of thing attractive?
Eira

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11: I really liked the scene with Awashima and the blue guys. They don't have the same relaxed family dynamics as Homra but they obviously care a lot about each other and their king.

As for Fushimi, his scene with Nagare was great. It's probably true that he would fit best in the green clan personality-wise, but he still chose to be loyal to the blues, to the point of risking his life for them. That's nice character development for someone like him. This also means that Nagare really was suspicious of him from the start (which is kind of a relief since the green king is supposed to be intelligent after all) but hoped that he would end up choosing their side anyway. Now let's just hope that Fushimi makes it out of there alive.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:06 am Reply with quote
I'm not so sure that was Fushimi showing his loyalty to Scepter 4 as much as it was him deciding that JUNGLE is even more screwed up and distaasteful and so helping those that opposed it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:15 am Reply with quote
Though it wasn't terribly original, i liked the explanation that Fushimi just needed to find "his true king". And i'm sure the Yata/Fushimi fangirls were having a blast with this episode. Smile

The action was fine, though i was a bit disappointed to see the Grey King go down so easily. Didn't he have something like "ultimate defense"?! Bonus points for simply letting Seri look cool for once without disturbing boob or ass shots.

Now next week we'll hopefully see Kuroh doing something other than chores, like finally beating his beautiful senpai...and of course, Shiro's masterplan for destryoing the slates.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5