• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Summer Anime Trailer Watch Party

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Geoff Thew is a great person to have on for these --- his knowledge of anime lets him set the context for things, and talk about other things the staff has done. I think he's a great addition to these trailer-watch marathons.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Watch max 15 min. for James, 3hrs for Goeff (sorry James). So my takeaway-
Must Watch: Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World. Thanks Lynzee and Jacki!
Actually...Made in Abyss and YuriDeco
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:10 am Reply with quote
Has iyashikei anime died, as it is 0-43 in these trailers?

The only show that I am tempted to watch is Extreme Hearts, since every season there is a show nearly universally hated on before it is even watched that I end up liking.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:48 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't say it is dead quite yet, but it has been an "odd duck" in anime and doesn't see much representation in any particular year. Healer Girls just finished up and it could be classified as iyashikei or adjacent. Last season there was Slow Loop and before that maybe Restaurant to Another World and Kiyo in Kyoto(?) If you mean "iyashiki anime that become widely/wildly popular" those are rare indeed and I can't think of a one since Laid Back Camp and Flying Witch...
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:00 am Reply with quote
Weeks late, I decided to play this in the background...

Just saw the trailer for Lycoris Recoil (50:42) and can't believe that one. It's a set-up without a punchline. The trailer really is for Is The Order A Rabbit with different character designs.... And Jeff finds a descriptions to illustrate how misleading the trailer is... but that description was completely misleading too! Unless it morphs into a monster-fighting show later.
WTH?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1