• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Full Metal Panic! Novels Inspire New Anime Adaptation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LokiReed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:11 am Reply with quote
Wow i really didn't expect this! I hope they continue where they left off, rather than re-adapting what we already have, but that's probably not going to happen..... :/
UltScorpion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:15 am Reply with quote
Well this is nice to hear, Guess I have a reason to continue Fullmetal Panic since this is happening.

I'll be truly happy if they give The Devil Is A Part Timer a second season though.
Brizent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Blackiris_ wrote:
chances for a fourth season are pretty slim, and the chances of a fourth season by KyoAni even slimmer. KyoAni didn't do the latest Haruhi spin-off, the didn't do Little Busters! and they aren't doing rewrite.

TBH i don't care if its by Kyoani, i mean gonzo and a different director did the first season ffs and its still really good. As long a the animation is good I couldn't care less which studio doesn't. I certainly don't need kyoani level of animation (It would be nice). IHell I'm suprised as F*** its getting a sequel I certainly am not going to be picky about the details.

Plus I have trust in Gatoh, he has alot of involvement (writing alot of the script) in the process and he has to approve everything so it would be hard for anybody to really screw up. Plus if he said it was a continuation, he ultimately has the final say and it is unlikely he would say that if he was able to get a studio to adapt from where he wanted it. He ultimately owns the rights not kyoani.

Plus it would make it more likely that they make more Euphonium.
Scrap

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Mithril02 wrote:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/10/24/new-full-metal-panic-anime-announced

Link to the Picture he showed at the Festival reveal :3 Season 4 folks.

No doubt, the armslave is the ARX-8 Laevatein , it's season 4.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:10 pm Reply with quote
AND it's not april 1st.

What am I going to use instead for all my troll lists for seasons V_V
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I bet Chris Patton will be happy to hear this news! He's always said he'd always come back to voice FMP if it ever returned!
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Oh hey, if FUNimation gets this, Chris Patton will not return for it. He's been very open about never working with FUNi again.
midori kou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:53 pm Reply with quote
OMG, I am super estatic about this news! My heart is racing by all the excitement. It's finally here! It's finally going to happen! No more dreaming!

Time for Amalgam to start some serious business against Mithril!
xXInfinite026Xx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Oh hey, if FUNimation gets this, Chris Patton will not return for it. He's been very open about never working with FUNi again.

But he did say many times that he would voice Sousuke again if more FMP were to come. Besides Funimation licensed TSR when ADV was still around, however they let ADV handle the dub production, which allowed for the Houston based VA's to reprise their roles.

It's possible if Funimation picks up this new FMP that they could outsource the dub to Houston once again. They still practice VA consistency given they kept the LA based actors for the Disappearance of Yuki Nagato, so keeping the same VA's shouldn't be as big of a deal.

Last edited by xXInfinite026Xx on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
OK, so, I've had a wishlist of four things I wanted to see happen in anime and manga related media for a while, all of which thought had a low chance of actually happening.

1. A continuation of the Baccano! anime, or the Baccano! novels coming out officially in English.
2. A continuation of Full Metal Panic (or alternatively, the rest of the novels coming out in English).
3. A remake of Chrono Crusade (although I'd happily settle for an anime based on World Embryo, or even WE getting officially released in North America or even just Chrono Crusade getting reprinted in English).
4. Another season of Princess Tutu, which the creator mentioned she wanted to do pretty soon after the anime ended.

Despite me thinking these were impossible, within the space of a month or so I've gotten to witness the announcement of both the Baccano! novels being released in NA and that they're going to do another Full Metal Panic! series. In the same year where The Lost Guardian had footage shown at E3, Shenmue 3 is happening, FF7's remake is happening, Nier 2 is happening, Mirror's Edge 2 is coming out soon, Star Wars is having another movie come out that uses practical effects again, Banjo-Kazooie is getting a spiritual successor, one of the best Mad Max movies in the series just came out and had a female lead character, Twin Peaks is starting up again...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE. I don't even care if the rest of my wishlist never comes true, we're getting SO MUCH great nerdy news lately that if even half of this stuff ends up good we're having a crazy good year.

(Not that I'd object to a Chrono Crusade remake or new Princess Tutu season being announced by the end of the year...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:20 pm Reply with quote
As what Hope Van Dyne from Ant-Man had said in the mid-credits scene, "It's about damn time!"

Finally, ever since the ending of The Second Raid, we have all been waiting 10 years for the story to continue and hopefully see the long awaited closure to Sousuke and Kaname's story that I thought that we will never get but now, fans rejoice!

Also, why are people saying that Sousuke's voice actor Chris Patton had a falling out with Funimation and swore to never work with them again? What caused the fall out between them? Can Patton put the past behind them so that he can come back and play Sousuke again without a hitch?
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Yyyyyyeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:36 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
hell just froze over, Full Metal Panic is back.

Hell yeah! Great news!
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Mithril02 wrote:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/10/24/new-full-metal-panic-anime-announced

Link to the Picture he showed at the Festival reveal :3 Season 4 folks.

I have inched closer to parting with my $ and buying Madman's releases of FMP...
theNightster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
OK, so, I've had a wishlist of four things I wanted to see happen in anime and manga related media for a while, all of which thought had a low chance of actually happening.

1. A continuation of the Baccano! anime, or the Baccano! novels coming out officially in English.
2. A continuation of Full Metal Panic (or alternatively, the rest of the novels coming out in English).
3. A remake of Chrono Crusade (although I'd happily settle for an anime based on World Embryo, or even WE getting officially released in North America or even just Chrono Crusade getting reprinted in English).
4. Another season of Princess Tutu, which the creator mentioned she wanted to do pretty soon after the anime ended.

Despite me thinking these were impossible, within the space of a month or so I've gotten to witness the announcement of both the Baccano! novels being released in NA and that they're going to do another Full Metal Panic! series. In the same year where The Lost Guardian had footage shown at E3, Shenmue 3 is happening, FF7's remake is happening, Nier 2 is happening, Mirror's Edge 2 is coming out soon, Star Wars is having another movie come out that uses practical effects again, Banjo-Kazooie is getting a spiritual successor, one of the best Mad Max movies in the series just came out and had a female lead character, Twin Peaks is starting up again...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE. I don't even care if the rest of my wishlist never comes true, we're getting SO MUCH great nerdy news lately that if even half of this stuff ends up good we're having a crazy good year.

(Not that I'd object to a Chrono Crusade remake or new Princess Tutu season being announced by the end of the year...)

a Brotherhood/Ultimate for Chrono Crusade would be amazing, but I want a World Embryo anime even more because that never got a shot for an anime and they have all the material in the world for a perfect adaptation since the manga finished a long time ago
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8