• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fake names and spoilers

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:13 am Reply with quote
So, usually, when we know one person to have multiple names, they get merged together.

But what if a fake name is being used to hide a spoiler? For example, with Erased, one character is credited to a fake name, spoiler[to hide that they share a voice with another character]. If we merge them, would they be listed under the same name, ruining the plot (considering that we're talking about a murder/mystery series here)?
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
Another had a fake seiyuu name. spoiler[Misayo Miyamaki: Kadokawa's Production Ace even went out of their way to make a fake website profile for that supposed seiyuu while the show was still airing.] Though I never had to ask about that situation because no one ever tried to enter that role. I think that's probably for the best anyway. In Another's case (I can't say anything about the other show mentioned as I'm watching it now and do not want to be spoiled myself), spoiler[it's not as if any role is technically being left out.]
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:51 am Reply with quote
They would be merged as alias, so on the anime page they would show up as different names. Once you click on the names you would get to the same seiyuu page, so yeah there it's a spoiler. But the merge would only occur after the big plot reveal and possibly after the series ends, so the spoilerfulness is minimal. Too bad for people who watch the series a year later, but I don't think there's much we can do about that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of spoilers, I reported the Candy Candy TV series as being full of them (basically gives away plot points that happen much much later in the series and then says who Candy gets with at the end of the series) and yet my report was disregarded. Was there a reason for that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1