• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Orange (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:32 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
The show has always glossed over why they collectively ignored that advice from the future.

IIRC we are shown that Naho's letter didn't mention the mother's suicide until later on, when explaining why Kakeru had missed school for a week. Now that is indeed terribly stupid. That was the single most important thing they shouldn't mess up but they decide to be vague and criptic about it? How about a big bolg message that says "hey if you invite Kakeru to come home with us HIS MOM WILL KILL HERSELF SEND HIM BACK HOME ASAP"? Would've saved everyone a lot of trouble.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Yep, that does seem particularly stupid.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:54 am Reply with quote
I feel it's kinda meh. Still rated it 'Good', but that rating might change in the future. Gave the rating because I thought the depression was depicted quite well. It had quite a colorful cast too. Naho was an annoying but believable character. I hope more shows will depict these issues better. I disliked everything about the improbable future letter sending thingy. The concept itself was something that could be okay when handled better and not getting too much attention. However, show never truly addressed the weirdness of living with a recipe for success instead of learning from your own mistakes and not dwelling too much upon them in regret. Also, theories about probability of letter time travel? Spare me.
Did future Suwa and Naho really deal with their regret the way they should, now?

Most other things have already been said, so I'll leave it at this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5