• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Anime Premieres Tonight on Toonami

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animalia555

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Where can I find out about the response of toonami watchers?
O-chan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:57 pm Reply with quote
animalia555 wrote:
Where can I find out about the response of toonami watchers?

I live tweet Toonami on twitter and you get some good reactions off of there. Plus the Toonzone Forums has regulars actually discuss and react to the episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
So what's happening with Stardust? Crunhyroll dubbed the first 3 episodes, or was it Sentai? And since then nothing has come of it. Being an episodic show, that part would be best suited to Toonami.

It was Viz that did a test dub of it to show at a convention.

Correction: The test dub of the 3 episodes was by WB Japan and made back when the show wasn't even licensed yet. The dub clip that Mewzard is referring to may have been from Viz though since it was from episode 5 and they showed that at their Jojo panel at Anime Expo back in July.

Quote:
I assume Stardust Crusaders is going to air once this show finishes, and if we're lucky they may even try to do Diamond is Unbreakable after that (since they are just churning out dubs these days - yay!).

From Jason DeMarco:

http://ask.fm/Clarknova/answers/137849054441

Quote:
I know you're probably going to get a bunch of questions like this (BTW, thanks for JoJo), but will you be doing Parts 1 & 2 and then take a break before Part 3 or just do one straight run under the circumstances that ratings are good?

We are not sure of the exact run. Likely 1&2 with a break, but maybe straight through. A lot will defend on performance.

This was back in July so I'm not sure if he said anything different since.

Last edited by NJ_ on Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
theNightster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:46 pm Reply with quote
it kind of sucks that Toonami is currently being run by long running Shonen's atm (before anyone mentions that DBZ kai being almost done I've been speculating that they were waiting for a tv dub primer of the Buu saga before releasing it) hopefully the block will one day regain the whole night again just to have room for shorter animes other wise give Naruto or one piece a hiatus or something
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:02 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
it kind of sucks that Toonami is currently being run by long running Shonen's atm (before anyone mentions that DBZ kai being almost done I've been speculating that they were waiting for a tv dub primer of the Buu saga before releasing it) hopefully the block will one day regain the whole night again just to have room for shorter animes other wise give Naruto or one piece a hiatus or something

If people get into a long-runner, they're pretty much guaranteed to watch it week to week, thus secure ratings. Though I doubt ratings on CN mean as much as people would like to make them seem. Shows like JoJo's or HunterXHunter getting a fanbase from TV is a good get for them either way.

I do miss variety, though. I don't know what's going to happen when the first season of IBO finishes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
theNightster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:15 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
theNightster wrote:

If people get into a long-runner, they're pretty much guaranteed to watch it week to week, thus secure ratings. Though I doubt ratings on CN mean as much as people would like to make them seem. Shows like JoJo's or HunterXHunter getting a fanbase from TV is a good get for them either way.

I do miss variety, though. I don't know what's going to happen when the first season of IBO finishes.
when IBO season 1 ends maybe we could get another Sentai or Aniplex show (there's too much Funimation and Viz atm) but only time will tell.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Dio The BloodEdge is soon here.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:26 pm Reply with quote
TrueZangetsu wrote:
I'm not sure if Americans audience will get why phantom blood is hilarious, but I'm sure they will love battle tendency.
Not to mention Stardust.

Just to be sure you mean hilarious in an untinentional way right?

TheAAA wrote:
Do your part kids. Every Saturday from now til the end of time turn on your TV and watch cable. Only you can put anime back on TV.

Bout likely to happen as Saturday Morning Blocks coming back on regular TV.

Karl2 wrote:
Arakis' tendencies of killing dogs.

Unless David Pro made an uncut version of Danny Jumping out of the furnace on fire they won't get to see that until Stadust Crusaders Razz
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Naturally the official Adult Swim message board has users moanin g about how the show is crap.

Because Adult Swim is for Family Guy.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:05 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Naturally the official Adult Swim message board has users moanin g about how the show is crap.

Well it is Phantom Blood the weakest and *cough* stuffiest *cough* of the JoJo arcs.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote
I love that they kept "Roundabout". In and around the lake, mountains come out of the sky and they stand there...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:31 am Reply with quote
[quote="BadNewsBlues"]
TrueZangetsu wrote:
I'm not sure if Americans audience will get why phantom blood is hilarious, but I'm sure they will love battle tendency.
Not to mention Stardust.

Just to be sure you mean hilarious in an untinentional way right?

Quote:

Honestly I'm not even sure if all that over acting in a the anime was unintentional y the source material is certainly unintentionally funny.
Even speedwagon is afraid! I think they knew exactly what they do when they made the anime and both anime dubs (Japanese and English)
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:35 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

Is Adult Swim not just a channel for Seth Macfarlane now?
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:31 am Reply with quote
Since it's my first time seeing the series(I've heard about it, never watched it) I think the show is cool. My own problem is the fact that and I've mentioned this before, that Jojo's dub actor is Johnny Young Bosch yet again and I've gotten tired of hearing his voice at this point
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:57 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
I own that DVD release by WB. The dub is really amazing. But yea, its only 3 DISCS which means 9 episodes cramped on too one disc is stretching it a little bit too much. If you like the dub its a very cheap and okish deal. If you like subs then you dont buy it becase the only English sub track available is for deaf people.

Hopefully VIZ dubs the other seasons as well. its really a bizarre story lol.

Having 3 episodes per DVD isn't bad. The Simpsons is usually 6 episodes per disc. Heck, most US live action shows are at about 125 minutes of content per disc. It's not a stretch, considering most movies are on single DVDs too and they tend to be around that length.

Lelouch Vi wrote:
Since it's my first time seeing the series(I've heard about it, never watched it) I think the show is cool. My own problem is the fact that and I've mentioned this before, that Jojo's dub actor is Johnny Young Bosch yet again and I've gotten tired of hearing his voice at this point

Well, you also named yourself after a character he voices too.

The Johnny Power Hour is back again, in any case, between him as Jonathan in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Orga in Iron Blooded Orphans. Both have 8 episodes remaining, if I'm counting correctly, so if they both air on the same night every time, the Johnny Power Hour will outright disappear once again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3