• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cardcaptor Sakura Franchise Gets 'Huge Announcement' in December

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:00 am Reply with quote
What I'm hoping they announce: a TV anime project.

Wasn't a big fan of the movies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:05 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
What I'm hoping they announce: a TV anime project.

Wasn't a big fan of the movies.

A TV anime has already been announced though. It even says so in the article. They just haven't given any info on it. I'd kind of like it if it aired in spring since April 1st is CLAMP day, but I'm also not in a rush to get a new Sakura anime, I'm still worried it won't live up to how good the manga and the original series were
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
"huge, huge, huge announcement on super big news"

Live action movie incoming.

Stark goofing. lol
Nautick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:17 am Reply with quote
Oh I can't wait for new anime. I loved CCS since I first watched it in Mexico. Hopefully its as good as the original. Smile
aeris14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:35 am Reply with quote
I hope they will eventually redub the original series!
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:29 am Reply with quote
aeris14 wrote:
I hope they will eventually redub the original series!

Not the best English Dub, but NIS America's Blu-rays and DVDs are at least Uncut even if it does uses 1 of those Asian English Dubs. But an English Dub that uses the 2nd movie's American English cast would be even better.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:47 am Reply with quote
I loved the English Dub that aired on Kids WB, i hope they are able to reprise their roles
Zweitestshall

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:54 am Reply with quote
Please, be a TV anime! I want it even if it's only one cour.
Actar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:33 am Reply with quote
There really isn't a good track record with all of the nostalgia bait projects these past couple of years... Let's actually try to make something to be proud of instead of banking on just the nostalgia factor.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:36 am Reply with quote
Pachinko joke doesnt work there because they specially state its something related to anime project.

Not a fan with this. Dragonball, Sailormoon, Digimon. All of them not quite a hit but more to miss. Nostalgia should just stay nostalgia, not revive them.
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:40 am Reply with quote
Well let's see, most CCS fan are now adults, so having it just be a simple magical girl anime would be pointless. So maybe the new announcement is that it'll be directed by Urobuchi. Twisted Evil
ParkerALx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:29 am Reply with quote
Japanese companies sure love their hyperbole. Prepare for super, super, super, awesome, out-of-this-world, life-changing, special, incredible news!

A Sailor Moon Crystal-style reboot wouldn't excite me much, now that I've been making my way through the original series on Blu-ray, but I'm not sure what else it could be. There hasn't been enough new manga to adapt into a sequel anime, unless they expand the story significantly again.
stowrag

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:32 am Reply with quote
Given the last "big" announcement, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mis-translation somewhere and the news is the second movie returning to theaters.

Of course, I also wouldn't mind an adaptation of the new manga or better yet, a new more manga faithful adaptation of the original series (which could then be brought over and dubbed and marketed properly)

It can't really be bad news in any case.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:14 am Reply with quote
Unlike Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura's 90s anime was really well put together and well thought out. Lots of time and sweat went into making that show, and it clear shows on the BluRays. There's not a whole lot to improve upon other than doing the new fad of following the manga exactly, which isn't always the best solutions.
ryoukosan245

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:32 am Reply with quote
ParkerALx wrote:
Japanese companies sure love their hyperbole. Prepare for super, super, super, awesome, out-of-this-world, life-changing, special, incredible news!

A Sailor Moon Crystal-style reboot wouldn't excite me much, now that I've been making my way through the original series on Blu-ray, but I'm not sure what else it could be. There hasn't been enough new manga to adapt into a sequel anime, unless they expand the story significantly again.

Well they could make an anime adaptation similar to how the 90's Sailor Moon anime was developed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2