• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio DLE Launches Chinese-Japanese Anime Venture With 10 Billion Yen

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:10 am Reply with quote
This is interesting and exciting, international collaboration can bring a lot of opportunities and a fresh audience to anime. I hope an anime company does something like this with Korea, too someday--Korea has tons of potential source material in its large manwha and webcomics industries, and even creative talent interested in animation who don't get the opportunity, such as director Yeon Sang-ho, who has done the animated films The King of Pigs, The Fake, Seoul Station, and Seoul Station's live action sequel, Train to Busan.
Tri-GuyDVD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:49 am Reply with quote
This to me does not make sense why invest in other countries ideas while there is still tons of things yet to be adapted into a anime in japan. If other countries really cared they would make their own studio for animation.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:24 am Reply with quote
because that's how job expertise works.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
This is interesting and exciting, international collaboration can bring a lot of opportunities and a fresh audience to anime. I hope an anime company does something like this with Korea, too someday--Korea has tons of potential source material in its large manwha and webcomics industries, and even creative talent interested in animation who don't get the opportunity, such as director Yeon Sang-ho, who has done the animated films The King of Pigs, The Fake, Seoul Station, and Seoul Station's live action sequel, Train to Busan.

Ehhh, I would withhold the excitement, considering that this year's growing Japan-China collaborative anime market has brought us an onslaught of jewels such as Bloodivores, Reikenzan, and Hitori no Shita. Laughing
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
^ I'm glad someone recognizes the greatness that is Reikenzan.
Nacirema

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:11 pm Reply with quote
It also important to point out that China have the most pervasive and restrictive censorship system in the world, where a large chunk of anime that currently exist has been banned.
taishou*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:52 am Reply with quote
Nacirema wrote:
It also important to point out that China have the most pervasive and restrictive censorship system in the world, where a large chunk of anime that currently exist has been banned.

I think that only applies to the mainland, though? Regardless, the "banned" series are not hard to find over there.
Nacirema

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
taishou* wrote:
Nacirema wrote:

I think that only applies to the mainland, though? Regardless, the "banned" series are not hard to find over there.

First, the company mention is based in mainland China. Second, series that had to be pirated in order to have access to doesn't really benefit any companies, so mainland companies have to take that into consideration. What you saying is analogous to saying "So what that North Korea is funding the production of anime, there different standards in South Korea, and also North Koreans can watch anime through USBs hidden in balloons from South Korea."
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, they even have K-On!, Idolmaster and Love Live on their ban list.
Seems like aside from violence and nudity they also go for moe-music stuff...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1