• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Princess Principal Original TV Anime Revealed With Cast, Staff, Promo Video, Summer 2017 Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:56 am Reply with quote
The article mentions London is divided by an east and west wall. Does this remind anyone else of Cold War Germany?
Mikasa_su_casa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:52 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:

Can't be helped. There's no way we'll have badass chases with stuffs like these.

You're certainly right if we're talking about real life, with the top speed of these vehicles being comparable to a horse and buggy at a trot; eg. the 1894 Benz Velo had a top speed of 12 mph. It seems that a horse and buggy would eclipse that at a gallop (depending on weight, the carriage wheels, road conditions).

Some artistic license in the speed of these vehicles would be fine, I think it'd be cool to depict some of these early vehicles from a rather exciting period in technological development.
I'd like to see that otaku attention to detail applied to something other than Wehrmacht vehicles Razz

Last edited by Mikasa_su_casa on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Key

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Hikaru Suzuhara wrote:
This entire post is a combination of baffling nonsense and a guide on how to say absolutely nothing at all. . .

Did he hit a pet peeve of yours?

I ask because your post is unnecessarily and specifically hostile. There are dozens - if not hundreds - of others who post stuff like this, so why are are you going off on this particular person?

If you're meaning to make your complaints in general about these kind of posts then make this clear. Otherwise this is hedging on a personal attack and there have been complaints (emphasis on the plural) about it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CaRoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:49 pm Reply with quote
This looks like it'll be another interesting addition to the summer season. While I'm not totally sold on the "moe" designs, I'm certain that the basic concept of the series is enough to get me excited to watch it and continue it.

Alt. London spy/mystery/fantasy series are always appreciated, and I'm eager to see how they handle this.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Kajiura = Automatic watch.
SaneSavantElla

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Clicked on the article because the art looked remarkably familiar (it was Kuroboshi after all). Might give it a watch because of the Studio 3hZ and Kajiura name-drops.
harminia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:46 am Reply with quote
I was digging the soundtrack but then the typical Kajiura dropped and I kinda lost interest a little (I love her music, but the chanting stuff gets a bit samey). Still, looks like it could be kinda cool.
I like the character designs. I hope the animation can back up the concept; would be lousy to have lacking fight scenes in a spy show.
I know nothing about Okouchi so I'm going to go into this with a relatively open mind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2