• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Top-Selling Animation in Japan on Blu-ray Disc/DVD by Series: 2017 (First Half)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:47 pm Reply with quote
They were born to make DVDs...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Tsukiuta. is higher than B Project, there is hope for the world.

TouRabu is good not great, the rest is garbage, but what else would you expect from a bestseller list?
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Re: Zero did nicely for itself. The fact that it beat out konosuba 2 isn't saying much though since Konosuba 2 is 11 episode and Re: Zero is 25 episode.

Also, did "Your Name" not part of this or did they still not release a physical copy as of yet?
Derpinat0rz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:58 pm Reply with quote
i don't know if its right but taking account on the released volumes of re:zero and adding the recent sales in here the avg has gone up to from 10,833 to 12251. im really glad it still selling and this helps with the decision on to make a 2nd season. i hope it does as well as the index franchise where re-releases sells alot more.

Konosuba is at 11205 avg now. it's like the top selling franchise right now i can't believe they haven't announced season 3 and spin-off series yet.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
29 | 28,444 | Dimensions

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark (GOAT) Side of Dimensions?
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Lookit YOI go!

Rinkwolf wrote:
Also, did "Your Name" not part of this or did they still not release a physical copy as of yet?

Comes out next month.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering why Yuri beat Love Live so badly, but now that I think about it the polling range starts in December which means it mostly only covers the sales for volume 4-7.

It might only be because the latter LL volumes contained some HUGE ASS event tickets while Yuri's BDs had compartively less to offer but I think Love Live still outsold Yuri overall. Or not. I dunno, I didn't do any math.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:57 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
I was wondering why Yuri beat Love Live so badly, but now that I think about it the polling range starts in December which means it mostly only covers the sales for volume 4-7.

It might only be because the latter LL volumes contained some HUGE ASS event tickets while Yuri's BDs had compartively less to offer but I think Love Live still outsold Yuri overall. Or not. I dunno, I didn't do any math.

Even accounting all 7 volumes, YOI's average beats LLS by 13K plus. Not sure about overall copies sold since LLS had 7 volumes vs YOI's 6 which might make up for the difference though
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:19 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Re: Zero did nicely for itself. The fact that it beat out konosuba 2 isn't saying much though since Konosuba 2 is 11 episode and Re: Zero is 25 episode.

This only counts the volumes released since December 12 last year, so you're only looking at about 3 volumes of that, compared with the 3 volumes of Konosuba that have come out within this time frame. It's a pretty comparable number, really. They both have a very similar per volumes average.
It should be noted this is based on total units moved, so things that have more volumes have an inherent advantage and this isn't really an accurate representation of actual popularity or success.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:48 am Reply with quote
Huh. Had no idea that Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru was the schizzle in Japan. Looking at that list, it's obvious that fujoshi are a consumer force to be reckoned with.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:37 am Reply with quote
So happy to see the best animated Yu-Gi-Oh! work ever make the charts. In the Right Side of Dimensions, it would have been #1.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:59 pm Reply with quote
#861208 wrote:
Tsukiuta. is higher than B Project, there is hope for the world.

TouRabu is good not great, the rest is garbage, but what else would you expect from a bestseller list?

Shocking that Tsukiuta sold higher the B-project(since it was from the same makers of Utapri). Tourabu has a huge fanbase in Japan that's why it sells, on the other hand the Ufotable version is better I hope it'll sell as good as Hanamaru. Not everything is garbage, RE:ZERO was good.

Congrats to YOI for ranking #1 during the 1st half and ranking #4 overall as best volume seller since the 2000's.
manapear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Huh. Had no idea that Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru was the schizzle in Japan. Looking at that list, it's obvious that fujoshi are a consumer force to be reckoned with.

Heh, right? I'm glad though I hope more studios jump on the bandwagon and start catering/pandering even more. ♥
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1