• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Air Gear Episode 1 Online

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Nermal wrote:
Son Biggie wrote:
Yukionna wrote:
O_o what the hell, it wont let me watch it, Doesnt matter what age i put in it, It still Rejects me Anime cry

im having the same problem..

I had the same problem for many years...

Okay, WTF? I put in my D.O.B. and the stupid thing says I havta register just to see 1 episode? Confused Do you have to register just to watch this once? (I don't wanna be a member at their site just for that)
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quote
Hrrmm... so I just got done watching it, and here are my reactions:

1. The animation isn't half bad. Granted, the fact that it was a streaming video makes it difficult to tell at times, but the character designs, colors, and movement were all fairly decent. The only character I had a problem with was the short fat kid with lips the size of a watermelon.

2. The dub is great! There isn't a single voice that got on my nerves, which is actually quite rare for an anime dub. Specifically, I liked Simca's and Ringo's VAs. Feel free to disagree with me if you want.

3. Music. Well, I didn't really pay attention to it.

4. Presentation. It feels rather tense and confused if you ask me. This show could end up being pretty good--a lighthearted anime that won't go down on anyone's top five, but will definately be enjoyable to watch. However, the "adult"* contect seems really poorly integrated. Half the time, the swearing sounds forced, rather than being a natural form of expression on the part of the characters. And then the nude scene. Um, why? This show COULD have been marketed for middle to high school students, but that one scene could keep it from having a wide market range (at least on US shores).

* I put adult in quotes because in my personal opinion, the "adult" elements are usually the most juvenile elements in actuality.

Also, dragonfire187, I don't know if your post was some form of post-modern art expression or what... in the future, please use at least basic punctuation. Don't worry about correctly placing all of the commas or apostrophes, but at LEAST separate your sentences with periods. I had to stop reading your post half-way through because I was too tired to fill it in on my own.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quote
i don't see why they needed to add nudity, there wasn't even nudity in the manga version.

the_silent_child wrote:
Does anyone know if the manga ends differently then the anime? Or even if the manga continues past the ending in the anime. Having seen this anime through to the end... spoiler[I just felt like something was missing... There was the big build up of him being the greatest and then it ends with a jump off? ]

i haven't seen the whole thing, but i doubt they're the same story. the first episode jumped through like two or three volumes of the manga.
Gerinis Infinity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I liked the music, hope they come out with a soundtrack. But story felt really rushed and, like v1cious said, tried to fit three volumes of manga into one episode. Which left out some interaction between characters from the manga that added to the story.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:21 am Reply with quote
You know, I really hate it when an anime is telegraphing the idea that "this is only for the guys! move along ladies! move along!"

oh well. I can definately say this anime isn't for me. (...Why is it that all of the episodes ADV is streaming free has me saying that? I guess they're marketing to a different demographic than mine currently, or something?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2