• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vampire Knight Much?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lagy Gray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I really like the series so far, can't wait for the 2nd one! Razz
cerulean88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:39 am Reply with quote
loved the manga so far =D the last chapter published in LaLa leaves me wanting more >.< and yeah, although the idea behind the manga is not overtly original, but the idea of just having a night class is really cool and interesting. And not to mention the spoiler[different classes ]within the vampire society adds to the plot, making it much more interesting.
Ethyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quote
i thought the plot was a bit too predictable. nothing too surprising. but since the series's only at 2nd volume in english (shojo beat), i guess i should be patient for the plot to deepen a little bit more. the art is great.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Well, I just recently got Vol. #2. The plot thickens, a little at least. We meet spoiler[Zero's former teacher and learn a little bit more has to why he hates vampires and thus himself.] And we get a little surprise in that Yuki spoiler[allows Zero to feed from her! Which is against ALL the rules.]

I'm not really sure where this story is going but it does seem to be picking up a lttle bit. I'm still on the wall as to wether or not this is as good as MeruPuri. We shall continue to see.
dragoness_crysta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:51 am Reply with quote
I like it very much!!! It is the 1st Vampire Graphic novel that I bought and I cant wait to take the 2nd one...the whole atmosphere is creepy, dark and full of secrets....very nice....
I also like very much the art...Matsuri Hino is very good
Mistress9
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:35 pm Reply with quote
I love this series it quickly crawling up the ranks of my favs. I am a bit of a vampire nut though. I actually find that the story isn't overly predicitable or clitche. Maybe I haven't read enough manga? Anyways I really liked how the characters are potrayed and how they have their own hangups and such. The thing with
spoiler[ Yuki allow Zero to feed off of her, sorta reminds me of Buffy and Angel though. However it made me really want to see what happens, it added a extra bit of forbiddeness to the possiblity of a Yuki/Zero pairing and I like forbidden things.]

I am so lovin this manga that I really want them to do an anime series has anyone heard anything about the possiblity. Also how many volumes are out in Japan.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:56 am Reply with quote
Mistress9 wrote:
Also how many volumes are out in Japan.

manga#6873

According to the encyclopedia, Japan has five volumes out.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I totally love Vampire Knight! It's my favorite manga right now and yes it gets better as it goes along. Zero is my favorite; I hope he doesn't end up having to die. That would be so sad! Crying or Very sad
sasukeluver121

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
I've also been following the series in Shoujo Beat and am fairly happy with it (I enjoy it much more than I did it's pre-decessor, Godchild). It's an interesting story, albeit rather predictable and nothing too overly original (beyond the school itself, that is fairly unique I believe).

I personally like Zero best so far and, and Yuuki is pretty cool too.

Vampire Knight is NOT the sequel to GodChild. GodChild is the sequel of the Cain Saga. V.K. is by Matsuri Hino who also did the workd Toraware no Minoue and MeruPeri among various others ie. Wanted, Haru wa Sakura.

Do NOT provide links or the possibility of links to scanlation sites. The warnings on your previous thread should have told you this. ~Zalis
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote
sasukeluver121 wrote:

Vampire Knight is NOT the sequel to GodChild. GodChild is the sequel of the Cain Saga. V.K. is by Matsuri Hino who also did the workd Toraware no Minoue and MeruPeri among various others ie. Wanted, Haru wa Sakura.
If any of you want scanlations for the manga as it is released from Japan, one of my employer sites is called "vampire knights" all scanlations to the most recent chapter which is about book five or six now is available.

Um, predecessor does not mean that I think Vampire Knight is a sequel. I'm saying that God Child was in the magazine before and Vampire Knight was the series that took it's place.

Also, this is not a site in which to be promoting scanlations, read the rules.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:15 am Reply with quote
I (unfortunately) started on the second volume. I really like it, to say the truth. But I find a lot of paralells in it...

See, spoiler[I don't know about you guys, but that thing with Yuki letting Zero drink her blood...I just see that as a representation of some girl giving her virginity to a guy. And the way that Zero was with her a few chapters earlier doesn't help much, either.] It's not that I didn't like it, though--you gotta love the artwork and oddball characters (lol, 'the Kettle Club').

...i just wish I could find the first volume....and I still want fruits basket... Embarassed [/code]
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
spoiler[I don't know about you guys, but that thing with Yuki letting Zero drink her blood...I just see that as a representation of some girl giving her virginity to a guy..]

I completely agree. Of course, it's not that much of a stretch since vampires and sexuality have been linked for a very long time.
elloshiions

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quote
i've read vampire knight for some time now, and its one of the most interesting ones out so far! the characters are interesting, but romantic relationships are developing so slowly. i like a lot of the characters though. zero is super good looking, haha. but yeh. can't wait for upcoming volumes of this series!
[patiently awaits for shojo beat to finish publishing it in the magazine for next volume]
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:10 am Reply with quote
I was really curious about Vampire Knight* and "kept up with the plot" for a while, until I found myself a bit spoiler[squicked out by the incest thing. And it's incest, 'because even if you argue that someone other than Kaname is currently occupying his body, you can't argue that Yuki and Kaname's parents were full-blooded siblings]

Still, it's one of the most popular Shojo manga in America right now, so I'd love to know what its fans are raving about. I'm honestly curious.

*I prefer tongue-in-cheek comedy manga stories like Karin, AKA Chibi Vampire and the American graphic novel Life Sucks! By Jessica Abel (my fave!). Any recommendations? Smile
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I was really curious about Vampire Knight* and "kept up with the plot" for a while, until I found myself a bit spoiler[squicked out by the incest thing. And it's incest, 'because even if you argue that someone other than Kaname is currently occupying his body, you can't argue that Yuki and Kaname's parents were full-blooded siblings]

Still, it's one of the most popular Shojo manga in America right now, so I'd love to know what its fans are raving about. I'm honestly curious.

*I prefer tongue-in-cheek comedy manga stories like Karin, AKA Chibi Vampire and the American graphic novel Life Sucks! By Jessica Abel (my fave!). Any recommendations? Smile

spoiler[
It's not the body of Yuuki's brother, though. Chapter 62 reveals that after Rido killed Yuuki's brother to resurrect Kaname, Kaname's cell structure was so unstable that he reverted back into a baby, and Yuuki's parents took Kaname in and pretended he was their newborn.

Though Kaname and Yuuki are still distantly related, at least it's not brother/sister incest...]

Anyway, you should try reading it. The first six volumes are mostly cutesy shojo stuff. Things start to get complicated from volume 7 onwards, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4