• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Legend of the Galactic Heroes (OAV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:53 am Reply with quote

(The) Legend of the Galactic Heroes (OAV)

Genres: drama, science fiction
Themes: military, politics, space, space battles, space navy, war

Plot Summary: For decades, the Galactic Empire has been locked in an interstellar war with the Free Planets Alliance, a conflict that involves thousands of spaceships and millions of soldiers on both sides. Two new commanders enter the conflict with great hopes: Imperial Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm and the FPA's Yang Wen-Li. As they deal with superiors and subordinates, maneuver through complicated political arrangements, plot strategies, and win battles, each will be tested, and ultimately, changed, by the reality of war.

Available on HIDIVE.
----------------------------------

Heard so much about this franchise, back in the day, but never got around to watching it. Then when Sentai finally did such a stateside release, it was so limited, and I heard there were supposed problems with the A/V and subtitle quality, so I got even more discouraged about the best version to watch.

I think I'm just gonna' bite the bullet and try to binge it with whatever I find. Hopefully, by now, there's a decent version out somewhere out there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1