• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Am I Actually the Strongest? (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, they did go the distance with making the mother as vile and irredeemable as possible. I had hoped that getting defeated and collared would make the queen become slightly less evil and insane, but she has only gotten way worse.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:19 am Reply with quote
I admit I'm not paying close attention to this at all (I'd forgotten all about the queen being collared and somehow never realized she was snobby boy's mother), but I don't get the doors. Isn't the academy he's going to in the capitol? So why did he have to put a door way out in the woods for them to walk what looked like miles to get to the city, and then turn around and have a door apparently in the middle of the street in town when they went to eat? Why not just use that one?

Also, I really didn't need the sis-con added in on top of the bro-con and harem mess. He'd been pretty chill in indulging her up until she said the word "date" but then just lost all sense. smh
Gisan Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:45 am Reply with quote
Just as a reminder, Haruto is the older brother of the prince and the younger half-brother of the princess. It's just that "mommy dearest" doesn't know that. It also means he is not Char's biological brother. The cover story used by the Margrave was that he was an orphan they adopted. Since Haruto was so indulging of Char's "requests", she now has him over a barrel. One word from her and his image of a low magic power weakling is blown along with any hope of retreating to his cabin for the rest of his life.
I will give you a bit of a spoiler spoiler[ the Queen gets much worse as the story goes on. ]

Last edited by Gisan Otaku on Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Welp, as expected, getting expelled from school was a completely failure and of course there was a scummy noble too, you always need one of those.
Gisan Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Considering the conduct of the Queen Consort, is anyone surprised that some of the nobles of this kingdom are also a@$holes.
As you can see, the idea of getting expelled never stood a chance of succeeding.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Seasonal anime endings are always an interesting thing. The final episode can feel like it wraps a tidy bow around the story, leaving it open for more, or it can also feel like things are barely getting started. The final episode of barrier master can do everything is definitely the latter. Yeah the noble student council smuck has been taken care of, but it seems like he was just a pawn. On the bright side, Haruto seems to be (mostly) enjoying his busy life and his overactive little sister is also getting in on the adventure.

Am i actually the strongest is a decent isekai. The premise is stale, but the zany characters keep it fun enough to watch. It is also fun how overpowered barrier magic is.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I guess it's lucky blondie kinda lost his mind, since otherwise Haruto's secret identity would've been outed by his little public chat with his sister. The comments about the strange beams of light were admittedly kinda funny.

So that was the finale? How convenient. I was just thinking it was about time to drop this, so done and done!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2