• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wonderful Precure! (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikan-box Glasses-kun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:36 am Reply with quote

Wonderful Precure! (TV)

Source: Original

Demographic: Shoujo

Animation Studio: Toei Animation

Genres: magic

Themes: animals, magical girl

Plot Summary: Iroha Inukai is a middle school student who lives in Animal Town, where humans and animals live together in harmony. One day, while walking her pet dog Komugi, a mysterious creature called a Garugaru attacks them. Komugi's desire to protect Iroha allows her to become human and transform into a Pretty Cure. Together with Iroha and other Pretty Cures, Komugi fights to protect everyone from the Garugarus.

Air Date & Platform:
February 4th, 2024 (Sunday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending
----------------------------------

First episode was pretty alright! Definitely not as interesting a premise as Soaring Sky so far, and a bit more limited animation overall, but Komugi seems fun (love how she was just playing around in the fight, lol). Will have to see how Iroha develops over the next few episodes since she seemed a little generic so far, but being the normal one in a series can be fun to watch too if done right. Honestly not too much else to say right now, since it was mostly set-up, though I do kinda hope that if the cat becomes a Pretty Cure like I suspect that she's the fun kind of smug.

(Self-edited to add in series info)
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I wanna' commend you for your effort in creating the opener. I will, now, go add this to the Index.
Mikan-box Glasses-kun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:51 pm Reply with quote
No prob! Figured since I'm new around these parts I should try to make sure I did the opening correctly. (Though I did notice I sorta missed the period in the thread title, whoops.)
zfunk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:20 pm Reply with quote
So I guess they putting of Mayu and Yuki becoming Cures just yet. Which I am okay with, but I can't wait to see Yuki as a human.

And on a side note, Mayu's mom is gorgeous, looks more like a big sister than a mom.
zfunk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Can Mayu and Yuki get their powers already. 10 episodes in and no movement in plot, this is getting ridiculous. By episode 13 please, I want to see Yuki talk.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:54 pm Reply with quote
zfunk wrote:
Can Mayu and Yuki get their powers already. 10 episodes in and no movement in plot, this is getting ridiculous. By episode 13 please, I want to see Yuki talk.

God I thought I was insane for feeling like this. All the discussion I see online is just that the show is cute and makes you happy and that's fine, that's the whole point, but can it be cute and ALSO give us the other half of the main team already? I thought i was the only one bothered by this, it's making me insane! It feels like we've now gotten three or four fakeout episodes that could've been used for Mayu's transformation and nothing.

This week felt particularly egregious, we get a whole episode about Mayu and Yuki's backstory and how they met and grew attached to each other... capped off with a perfunctory battle that doesn't really add anything to the episode itself because the characters who the episode was about are not present!

We've had plenty of good episodes where Iroha or Komugi get development and the fights in those episodes tends to add to that development. And then we have this whole handful of Mayu episodes where there's a fight because there's got to be a fight, but it has no relation to the episode itself and feels very autopilot-y. And with every week that passes I end up getting lowkey anxiety (for lack of a better word) that we're going to run out of Nikoniko animals (aren't there supposed to be just 12 of them?) before we get Mayu and Yuki
zfunk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:59 am Reply with quote
So I guess Yuki is not from this world, that is the vibe I get from the revelation of the latest episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1