• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sci Fi Channel Launches Monday Night Anime Block

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Berserkfury819 wrote:
I wish they would show the original Macross.

Hey, give them a chance. They just actually might do so!
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Oh, and at least this won't be interfering with my CSI: Miami!

NCSI? I can't believe watch that show.....there's being flashy for TV and then there's David Caruso flashy, and yes I meant NCSI (Not NCIS, or any of those other hour drama where everything wraps up nicely....) otherwise known as Non Crime Scene Investigators.

B.K. wrote:
Did they move the date up on the DVD? I thought it was scheduled for July.

Not it is I had a brain-fart, I figured that there's no way GITS:SSS is playing on TV a month before it's TV release I guess I was wrong, and it's awesome that's going to be on TV that early.
DMAN2501

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Finally some good monday night viewing.

[AS] dosen't really have any weekday anime material on anymore (all it ever had was re-runs anyway) and its great to see another station throw its hat in the ring.

Also considering the fact they got the GITS:SSS movie it really shows that the network is willing to go all in on this idea and its not just a way to pull in a few thousand new viewers. They could easily be very successful with this if they keep the pace up. Also praying that they dont go overboard and censor/cut everything from the material, GITS:SSS should be a good test to see how they stand on the issue.

Best wishes to scifi and their Ani-monday. Also eagerly awaiting announcement for Ani-tuesday thru Ani-friday.......I think I may be a little to optimistic on this, but I guess we just wait and see how this is going to work out.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, some of the best news in a while, AND I DON'T GET TO PARTICIPATE IN IT!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Stupid Sci-Fi channel being on digital cable and not regular, and me not being able to afford it!!! Mad I mean we used to have it back in the day our family could afford it, but now.......GAH!!!!! Mad

Oh well. I guess I still wish it luck in it's new anime block. I hope this doesn't mean the end of [AS]'s anime block though, since I don't have any faith in them whatsoever even if their anime block is being competed against. That'd only take away the only other source of anime I have other than Toonami, which is a good block and everything, but I also need something that won't limit itself in the types of stuff it shows at the same time.

Although I'm not sure exactly why it's competition in the first place since [AS]'s block is on Saturday nights instead of Monday.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:54 am Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Although I'm not sure exactly why it's competition in the first place since [AS]'s block is on Saturday nights instead of Monday.

1 - Don't want to bite off more than they can chew right from the start.
2 - Let it grow, then bring on the hurt once more studios sign up.
3 - The weekend is reserved for original movies so bad even chemically-altered-individuals won't watch them.
4 - Considering the broadcast rights are almost always exclusive, the ability to broadcast on any other day still means CN can't get them.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:09 am Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:

While it's not in direct competition with [AS] main anime night, it's directly trying to grab some of [AS] key demographic, which is that 18-34 and to quote the original article.

Quote:
Adult Swim has averaged 281,000 male viewers aged 18-34 during that timeslot. For the same age bracket and timeslot, Sci Fi Channel's average was 44,000 viewers.

Basically it comes down to setting ad price which in turn makes ya more money, and if Sci-fi can take from that giant average that [AS] then they done there job. And apparently Sci-Fi thinks this is the way to do it.
Zoe

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:29 am Reply with quote
Cool! Will Apollo Smile be hosting again? Laughing
mach747

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quote
OMG yes. I soooo remember SATURDAY ANIME!!!!!!!!!!. Good times Good times. Welcome back Sci Fi. Its been too long.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Animation Station, can't we have Roujin Z and Zeiram again?
Iritscen

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:51 am Reply with quote
Wow. This is a surprise. Hope it pays off for them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5