• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AX to Give Plushies to Kids, Pocky to Blood Donors

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
BTW, I'm type 0 negative.

Wait a second. That's a number 0 (zero), not letter O! Shocked Laughing

O- is always the most wanted blood; it can be give to anyone without causing problem.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:45 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
abunai wrote:

O- is always the most wanted blood; it can be give to anyone without causing problem.

What Abundai said was true, he's actually type 0, he's a robot and you've exposed the truth and coming for you now. Wink
infoman99

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quote
yeah that's a good idea but they should have somethiong else for the blood donors like some juice and/or pop they take a pint out of you,,, i think,,,,,, but losing that much blood in a short time not good,,,, well it is if you have sugar and something to eat,,,,,getting off topic sorry,,,,,, i just wish i could get there but i have a deathly fear of needles(too many sticthes as a lad),,,, but it's for a good cause
Roy9076

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quote
All right! Free Pockey! ^^; However, I want the plushie over the Pockey. Well, depends on how cute. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:51 am Reply with quote
seeing as this con in the last two years has had made it the biggest con in america, and not just in numbers of people, the organizers apparently want to make an impression on people that anime isnt as bad as a lot of people think. to show that there are a good number of respectable people who are fans, and that we're not all crazy like a lot of people who set up a stereotype of what we're like. its a very creative and intelligent idea. the news media might even do a little story on it. not during the con though, cause im pretty sure that would defeat the purpose of the story canceling out the positive aspect.

eh, theyd probably mention hentai anyway.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote
I guess it's time to donate blood again, for Pocky Very Happy I'm an A negative on top of that.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:59 am Reply with quote
The Seventh Son wrote:
seeing as this con in the last two years has had made it the biggest con in america, and not just in numbers of people, the organizers apparently want to make an impression on people that anime isnt as bad as a lot of people think. to show that there are a good number of respectable people who are fans, and that we're not all crazy like a lot of people who set up a stereotype of what we're like. its a very creative and intelligent idea. the news media might even do a little story on it. not during the con though, cause im pretty sure that would defeat the purpose of the story canceling out the positive aspect.

eh, theyd probably mention hentai anyway.

AX is the largest Anime con in the US.
Comic-Con has 123,000 attendees last yr.
Anime fans don't count it because it's not anime exclusive even though we get 3 rooms playing anime all day for 4 days & panels by the Anime/manga companies. Tokyo Pop, Funimation, MediaBlasters usually show up/ ADV & Geneon dropped out a couple yrs ago, but we usually get panels from them.
$55 for 4 days plus preview night isn't bad (I bought at Con last yr & got mine for $30 or $40) Or if one is willing to volunteer (3 hrs per day last I heard)-free,

And 600 units of blood at last yr's blood drive is pretty good.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
dormcat wrote:
abunai wrote:

What Abundai said was true, he's actually type 0, he's a robot and you've exposed the truth and coming for you now. Wink

For once, Wikipedia got it right:

Quote:
The "O" in ABO is often called "0" (zero/null) in other languages.

Since this blood type produces no antigens, it makes perfect sense for it to be blood type "zero/null". Since I'm also rhesus-negative, that makes me a universal blood donor. In short, as dormcat remarked, you can give my blood to pretty much everyone, whereas I can only receive blood of the same blood type.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Delete.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2