• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
School Days (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saber1213

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Ugh! I just can't get this series out of my head! So wrong and twisted, but at the same time, brilliant. *shiver*
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
getchman wrote:
truly bizarre. perhaps if i had more interest in the franchise, i'd know who some of these people are and the relationships would make more sense.

You think Makoto's dad having sex with his great-great-great-granddaughter (and the women of five previous generations in that family) can ever make sense?

hah we have another fan of overflow/stack visual novels here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if I'm alone on this, but I thought the show was crap. While the twisted ending was... okay I guess, the whole of the show just had me frustrated and angry. Not because Makoto is an asshole, but because all the women in this show have zero self-steem and seem to have a serious retardation. Even after spoiler[Makoto cheated on them multiple times, both Kotonoha and Sekai insisted that he was a wonderful, gentle and very nice guy and were crazy about trying to get back with him.] It just kept pissing me off, I mean, evenspoiler[ Setsuna, knowing what he had done to Sekai and the kind of person he was, still slept with him god knows why]

Maybe I missed the deep brilliant meaning on this, I just kept seeing retarded girls everywhere who kept deluding themselves into thinking that asshole was a knight in shining armor or something, even if they knew he was an asshole
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I don't know if I'm alone on this, but I thought the show was crap. While the twisted ending was... okay I guess, the whole of the show just had me frustrated and angry. Not because Makoto is an asshole, but because all the women in this show have zero self-steem and seem to have a serious retardation. Even after spoiler[Makoto cheated on them multiple times, both Kotonoha and Sekai insisted that he was a wonderful, gentle and very nice guy and were crazy about trying to get back with him.] It just kept pissing me off, I mean, evenspoiler[ Setsuna, knowing what he had done to Sekai and the kind of person he was, still slept with him god knows why]

Maybe I missed the deep brilliant meaning on this, I just kept seeing retarded girls everywhere who kept deluding themselves into thinking that asshole was a knight in shining armor or something, even if they knew he was an asshole

Maybe.. but knowing how stupid teenagers are when it comes to love/sex this series did show the end result of mess around with to many lovers at the same time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

Maybe.. but knowing how stupid teenagers are when it comes to love/sex this series did show the end result of mess around with to many lovers at the same time.

but in real life, you normally don't get kill because you sleep with many girls.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:06 am Reply with quote
Depends entirely on who you sleep with.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:08 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

it doesn't matter. 99% of time, you won't get kill. Even if you sleep with the crazy one.

In US, more people die because they went to the schools with connection to crazy people than sleeping with crazy girls.
jl07045

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:57 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
jl07045 wrote:
getchman wrote:
truly bizarre. perhaps if i had more interest in the franchise, i'd know who some of these people are and the relationships would make more sense.

You think Makoto's dad having sex with his great-great-great-granddaughter (and the women of five previous generations in that family) can ever make sense?

hah we have another fan of overflow/stack visual novels here.

Not, really. Just someone who's read the family tree. I've seen it on /a/ multiple times. Loved the anime though.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:55 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

it doesn't matter. 99% of time, you won't get kill. Even if you sleep with the crazy one.

In US, more people die because they went to the schools with connection to crazy people than sleeping with crazy girls.

I guess Makoto is that 1% then.
karisplata

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:28 am Reply with quote
this series rightfully traumatized me it was different from most stereotypes you would usually see Shocked Smile
MrDandi97

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote
A real letdown.It started very good.You know,your typical Romance Story.It added some +18 parts during the middle episodes,but that's when it started to go downhill.The Characters were very unlikable especially Makoto.Protagonists are supposed to be liked.The Ending wasn't that traumatizing by the way.
Jamie38459

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
It's horrible and dark, but why is it so well known despite it being terrible? Is it because of the ending?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Jamie38459 wrote:
Is it because of the ending?

yes. It's also where the "Nice Boat" meme comes from

Last edited by getchman on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ignatz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Because there is a really nice boat in it.
Jamie38459

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:48 am Reply with quote
Jamie38459 wrote:
Is it because of the ending?

Quote:
yes. It's also where the "Nice Boat" meme comes from

Ah, okay then...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 21 of 21