• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blue Drop (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Yay! It's finally available.

I have been expecting the spoiler[Blue is responsible for the disaster that wiped out Mari's island] revelation since the end of episode 2, so that was no surprise. What intrigues me more is spoiler[the interest Hagino's boss has taken in Mari and how Hagino is going to explain this, both to Mari and her fellow aliens.]

And angel_lover, I'm convinced you're overstating the sexual undertones by quite a bit.

Dare we hope that this series will go back to coming out regularly?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
angel_lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:26 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
And angel_lover, I'm convinced you're overstating the sexual undertones by quite a bit.

Did you really expect anything else from me, now that I've been officially branded a pervert by Zac for liking Moetan? Razz Seriously though, there are spoiler[ practically limitless ways they could have done the attempted alien abduction scene, so why make it look like something out of La Blue Girl? Why have Mari's legs being held apart? Why have 3 unoccupied tentacles poised ready to "strike"? Why point one of them at her crotch, one at her butt, and one at her mouth? Clearly the audience isn't going to misinterpret the situation, we know what's really happening, but after just being "rescued" from a potential sexual assault Mari may believe she's now going to suffer a much worse one. Something was needed plotwise to get Mari to sort out her very mixed feelings towards Hagino and maybe even to spark an eventual romance, so it had to be pretty major in order to fit within the overall time/pacing constraints of the series. I think the way they did it works beautifully, and to discount the sexual undertones makes her "conversion" much less explicable.]

Key wrote:
Dare we hope that this series will go back to coming out regularly?

Probably not, according to the fansubbers' website, things are going to be slow for at least the next 2 weeks
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quote
I think you're imagining things and reading too much into simple subtext but whatever floats your boat.
angel_lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Do you know what the Blue Drop manga is like? The anime so far is very tame in comparison. To give you an idea of the sort of things that come from Akihito Yoshitomi's imagination, here (NSFW) is a picture from the front page of his website - I guess it must be my perverted imagination, and the girl is not just wearing an octopus Wink
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read the spoilers for the above few posts (haven't seen 4 since I've hit my download cap of 50 gig a week ago) but I could guess at the contents before angels latest post lol. While Blue Drop was in the unaired section of Suki quite a few manga pics were posted and boy they were racy and made the above NSFW pic look tame in comparison. Lesbian orgy ftw?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quote
angel_lover wrote:
Do you know what the Blue Drop manga is like? The anime so far is very tame in comparison. To give you an idea of the sort of things that come from Akihito Yoshitomi's imagination, here (NSFW) is a picture from the front page of his website - I guess it must be my perverted imagination, and the girl is not just wearing an octopus Wink

No, I don't read much manga, 7 series, (Bleach, Gunslinger Girl, Hellsing, Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Planetes, Suzuka, and Yu Yu Hakusho) and never even heard of Blue Drop or that guy before picking up this show. I'm just watching it because it's sci-fi, and that's my favorite genre.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quote
Episodes 5 and 6 are out now from a speed subber and riddled with Type Os but still one can get the jist of things. There's finally been a little action as spoiler[Hagino's ship, Blue, is attacked on two occasions by other ships of the alien fleet.] she also spoiler[declares to her superiors that she's ignoring their orders from now on.]
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Episodes 5 and 6 are out now from a speed subber and riddled with Type Os

Honestly, its like they didn't even try to make it look nice. Also, the encode left something to be desired. Oh well.

Oh, right, the show. Things are moving along nicely and, er, everyone is blushing. A lot and at odd times. Mari seems to now have a crush on the teacher/agent.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, I hope the regular group is back on it with the next few episodes. The typos and questionable translations are bad enough that, in some scenes, they obfuscate what the characters are saying.

Although I like what I've seen so far, at some point the series is going to have to break down and spend at least part of an episode explaining what the deal is with the aliens - i.e. where they're from, why they're actually on Earth, what their goals are, etc. There's just too much that doesn't make sense on that front.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

Honestly, its like they didn't even try to make it look nice. Also, the encode left something to be desired. Oh well.

Guess I'll be waiting for the regular group to do it.
Ultenth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:42 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

Guess I'll be waiting for the regular group to do it.

If you're not in a hurry I highly recommend you do. I give lots of leeway to speedsubbers, but man, this group is bad. Spelling errors, massive grammer errors, and just overall poor translation abound. If you're not starving for the new episodes like I was, I would very much suggest you wait for the higher quality sub to come out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kevn57

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Ultenth wrote:

If you're not in a hurry I highly recommend you do. I give lots of leeway to speedsubbers, but man, this group is bad. Spelling errors, massive grammer errors, and just overall poor translation abound. If you're not starving for the new episodes like I was, I would very much suggest you wait for the higher quality sub to come out.

I just saw the parody fansub of the first episode "Blue Droppings" yesterday when someone emailed me the link to my blog. I've also watched the three episodes done by the speedsubbers, and I'll watch them again when the regular group picks it up again, but episode seven was better with fewer mistakes then episode five and at least I can keep up with the story. This is the first 3 episodes that the group has released so hopefully they'll continue to improve and continue fansubbing.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Issues with the speedsubbers aside, I've watched 7 episodes as of this post. I must say, this series keeps getting better and better. I have episode 8 saved on my hard drive and I'll be watching it later.

But, given that everyone is waiting for the better group, I won't say much more than that.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quote
The "speed subbers" have been getting better. The last couple of episodes they did were nowhere near as bad as the first couple.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9 has been out since Friday night, I think. Has anyone gotten that one and actually been able to play it?

The fansub group up-to-date on the series is releasing them now in .mp4 format, which I haven't previously seen before. I have tried playing this episode in various players (RealPlayer, Quicktime, WMP) on both Windows XP and Vista and consistently get either error messages or only one (never both) of the audio/visual playing. I have downloaded new codecs, re-downloaded the fansub, and still can't get it to play right. If someone else has, I'd like to know what they're using.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5