• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Error Reports

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsyxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I had similar problems, since you can't report an error about the title of an anime or classification. Phoenix: Chapter of Ho-o ( anime#4369 ) is listed as a movie instead of an OVA, aswell as under the un-official title of Phoenix: Karma Chapter. Heres the proof: http://en.tezuka.co.jp/anime/classification/original.html
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:56 am Reply with quote
Hmm... since the error reporting page doesn't quite give the option to submit it, I noticed something...
person#18563 has his named spelled as Eeji Komatsu, yet all the Japanese product I've seen his name on romanizes it as Eiji Komatsu. Not a big deal, but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
setzer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:01 pm Reply with quote
If you go here: animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?list=M and then go down to Mobile Fighter G Gundam you see it is listed twice under the exact same title. But one is bolded & italisized (sp?) and the other on is just bolded.

((sorry about not posting it here the first time))
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:02 am Reply with quote
Wata no Kuni Hoshi (綿の国星, #1430) is not an OAV. It was a movie premiered on 1984-02-11.

Sources:
http://columbia.jp/dvd/titles/watanokunihoshi/90379.html
http://www.generalworks.com/databank/movie/title4/watak.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
chris keck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:37 am Reply with quote
The Anime Donguri to Yamaneko (movie) sholuld actually be listed as an OAV. Actually, I'm partially responsible for this one since I submitted it. The first site I found it listed on described it as a "short film", and so I submitted it as a movie. The staff member who approved the submission must have thought the same thing. Afterwards I found two other sites that listed it as an OAV, including the Madhouse Studios site.

http://www.pelleas.net/dbman/db.cgi?db=wmt&uid=default&ID=248&view_records=1

chris keck
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:51 am Reply with quote
Yoshio MAMIYA (#1708) is simply wrong and should be removed. A famous composer (who started his career composing music scores for adult films), 間宮芳生 should be translated as Michio MAMIYA (#30830, newly submitted).

When searched with Google,
54 pages on "間宮芳生 Michio Mamiya"
49 pages on "間宮芳生 マミヤミチオ"
48 pages on "間宮芳生 まみやみちお"

6 pages on "間宮芳生 Yoshio"

Sources: more than 150 web pages.

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited by dormcat on Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
jfrog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:04 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
A famous composer (who started his career composing music scores for adult films)

I've always wondered about those people...

Another wrong classification: I don't have any solid proof (since English language information on the series is hard to come by), but I'm pretty damn sure that Legend of the Galactic Heroes (#1786) is a TV series. When's the last time you saw an OVA go over twenty episodes, much less a hundred? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jcaliff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:09 pm Reply with quote
jfrog wrote:

Another wrong classification: I don't have any solid proof (since English language information on the series is hard to come by), but I'm pretty damn sure that Legend of the Galactic Heroes (#1786) is a TV series. When's the last time you saw an OVA go over twenty episodes, much less a hundred? Rolling Eyes

Although the first part was eventually shown on TV in Japan, it was originally released as an OVA series (yes, all 110 episodes of the original, and then the two Gaiden sets). In fact, it originally had an unusual method of distribution - it was released strictly as a mail-order service to fans who subscribed. It's possibly the longest OVA series ever released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jfrog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Shocked

That's...impressive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SSJ Alakazam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I found an error in the Anime Encyclopedia that doesn't fall under any of the categories in the "Error Report" functions, and it is as follows:

-Anime #790 [Yu-gi-oh! (TV)] needs to be split up into two encyclopedia entries, for they include the following two series:

- [Yu-gi-oh! (TV)] (currently listed as eps. 1-27 under "Yu-gi-oh (TV)
- [Yu-gi-oh! Duel Monsters (TV)] (currently listed as eps. 28-247 under "Yu-gi-oh (TV)

They are two seperate series, the second made a few years after the first. They're definately more independent than the five Sailor Moon series, which each have their own entry.

Also, how do we report errors on Episode Titles?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:44 pm Reply with quote
SSJ Alakazam wrote:
Also, how do we report errors on Episode Titles?

Use the error report button located at the bottom of Episode Titles page. In the case of Yu-Gi-Oh!, it's here.
karitaru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Ok I write this for the second time, since I think this is the most appropriate place for it, and since there is no error icon for pictures.
_____
I would like to report an error in anime #578, namely Devilman TV series. I have posted the correct picture, along with a url adress. TV devilman is actually blue. The one you have is kindda grey. It is the devilman of the manga I think, and it is misleading for those who want information about the series.

Thank you for the excellent site, I benefited alot from it.

Yours
Khalifa
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Be patient, karitaru. It may take quite some time for staffs to review all those submitted pictures and pick up the best one. I submitted a picture with correct width/height ratio for Kiki's Delivery Service in order to replace the old one (they are actually the same, just with different ratio), but the old one is still there. The queue for error correction is way too long -- not to mention examples like FLCL which has three pictures. Anime dazed
cardcaptormanda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:55 pm Reply with quote
The episode title page for Pita Ten (#1103) has TONS of double title submissions. For instance, here's the title for episode 7:

07. How To Play a Prank
How to play pranks
Itazura no shikata

Now, the two titles in episode 7 are at least SLIGHTLY different, but many others have had the exact same title submitted twice. For example, episode 23:

23. How To Enjoy Hiking
How to enjoy hiking
Haikingu no tanoshimikata

Pretty much every episode title looks like this. It's making the whole episode title section look like a confusing mess.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:54 am Reply with quote
cardcaptormanda wrote:
The episode title page for Pita Ten (#1103) has TONS of double title submissions.

This is caused by more than one ANNers have entered the information for the same episode. The newer information contains romaji and has better translation.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4