• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Films UK Switches from US-Run Office to UK Partner

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Uh, the window of opiotunity passed well after I was made aware of the sell in question.

This is usually the case. TRSI is currently doing a buy 25 DVDs for $100 once again. I actually stayed awake (going to bed now) since I was expecting them to start a new promotion since the Dark Horse one ended last night. The sale began a couple of hours ago and there are already a number of items that are sold out!

Many of the titles are the same as last years buy 25 sale so I ended up finishing up a bunch of mediocre titles in my collection like Divergence Eve, Gilgamesh, and Sakura Diaries which I stopped collecting. At these prices I even bought a bunch of DVDs that I'm embarrassed to admit I bought.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Karaokes REM's "It's the end of the world as we know it"
Time and Space

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I returned to the site yesterday. Mainly the dregs were left. They were selling the full series of excel saga for £10, which would have been an orgasmic capture.

I spent £61 in the end, for some reason:
Gravion 1
Gad Guard 1
Pretear 3+4
Dai Guard complete collection (£17)
Last Exile complete collection (£40)

I had money to burn, so I thought I might aswell buy the last two aswell, still considerably cheaper than elsewhere.
Dunno if anything is left, I had planned on buying some DN Angels and others, but I kept returning to my 'basket' and notices informing me they were out of stock appeared.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:55 pm Reply with quote
The site is completely broken at the moment. Front page is spewing ASP errors and while you can get to the store by it's direct link, all the product pages themselves are missing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote
While it may seem that ADV isn't doing so well, it may also just be that they are doing some major housecleaning and hired a business analyst to go over their expenditures and remove waste. Often times when a business makes a lot of sweeping changes in such a short span it can be the result of such a consultant and not just some last ditch effort to stay afloat.

Now I'm not saying that is what's happening, simply presenting a realistic alternative to the myriad of doomsday scenarios floating around out there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:28 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
While it may seem that ADV isn't doing so well, it may also just be that they are doing some major housecleaning and hired a business analyst to go over their expenditures and remove waste. Often times when a business makes a lot of sweeping changes in such a short span it can be the result of such a consultant and not just some last ditch effort to stay afloat.

Now I'm not saying that is what's happening, simply presenting a realistic alternative to the myriad of doomsday scenarios floating around out there.

I can understand how that makes sense from an American perspective but on this side of the pond we're a tad worried about losing our biggest provider of anime.

I can still import the same titles from the US but that means long waits and crappy NTSC format quality.

Here's hoping ADV UK find a capable local company to hand their operation on to in short order. If not, this will be to the UK what the loss of Geneon was to the USA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2