• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz has messes up on the Angel Sanctuary cover

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Viz has submitted what I hope to god is just the promotional cover to their Angel Sanctuary release. http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1591162459.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Yeah, I may be over reacting, but give me an hour and I could easily produce a better cover in photoshop. Geeze, they can't even spell "Story" right. I hope the person who was to proof read that got in trouble. *is grouchy* I really hope Angel Sanctuary doesn't get a cover with THAT font and and THAT cupid on the cover. The person really needs to go back to graphic design class and learn about color and atmosphere again.
molloaggie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Viz released a pretty lousy cover pic of Rurouni Kenshin also. The actual cover was a lot better. I hope that it's the same situation here. I know the plot of Angel Sanctuary and those soft colors definitely don't cut it.
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:33 pm Reply with quote
If you read Previews you'll see that companies including Viz often submit sample images that are only rough versions of the finished product. Almost every issue has an ugly picture of something, and the finished product turns out totally different. Don't panic!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
radicaledward

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:52 am Reply with quote
Still, even if it is a rough cover - there is no excuse for a publishing company to have "sorty" on the cover of a book. Thats too gross of a mis-spelling for me to think it might be a typo.

Unless they did it on purpose.
Dilandau

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:19 am Reply with quote
They 'preview' covers for certain reasons. One of them is for response.

Send them an email and complain. Don't be snobby, but professionally as possible, type up a little letter explaining your reasons for why you think it should be different (i.e. the colour scheme)

They, more than likely, will never respond to you, but they will pay attention to it.

Working in a production department is hell made with fonts and type sets. Things get overlooked, they don't always catch things unless it is brought to their attention.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1