• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Druaga Now Available in Global Streams, Downloads

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meccanica

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Wow, it was certainly leagues better than I expected it to be...
I'll agree that it's not exactly great, but I think it's certainly funny enough to enjoy watching.

I had no clue it was going to be comedy... On the other hand, with a name like "The Tower of Druaga: -the Aegis of URUK-", I don't think it can afford to take itself seriously.

And what's with the movie-whatever-poster in the final shot of the OP? Date says July 2009... HMMM.

Also... When this is all over... I'm heading back to my hometown. I've been thinking about getting married...
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote
if they do that for other anime, we don't need fansub anymore.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

Only if they allow HD downloads... I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna settle for streaming quality, or 320x240 res downloaded files.
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:13 pm Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Only if they allow HD downloads... I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna settle for streaming quality, or 320x240 res downloaded files.

If you download the file from crunchyroll it's 854x480.
Unearthly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Crunchyroll isn't quite HD, but it is 854x480, much better than the resolution you mentioned.
MageofFire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:16 pm Reply with quote
It was okay. I only really watched it becasue it was simocasted. The subs were actually pretty good for official ones for once but I don't think I"m going to continue watching it even if it's on YouTube. THis is definately a step in the right direction and I would like to see other new series simocasted in the future. And I agree with teh point already stated above if all series did this it would end the fansub problem and the complaints towards said problem.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quote
what is HD version has to do with fansub? people can just use the same sub on the HD version.

Last edited by Spotlesseden on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap!! Shocked People on crunchyroll have seriously paid 30 bucks for a single episode download?!? You've got to be freaking kidding me! I seriously hope they aren't planning on paying that much per episode for both series. *sigh* Irresponsible teenagers most likely. I guess this is what GONZO was hoping for .... Rolling Eyes

For the record: I only paid $2. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Let's try again now my computer has finished crashing.. I also couldn't get the Paypal option to work - it takes you straight to the CC details form. You have to donate to download but it seems to accept $0.01 as a valid amount. I'm waiting for someone to one-uo with $31...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Meccanica

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:28 pm Reply with quote
MECCANICA HAS DIED.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I haven't fully finished it yet, but it did look interesting.

For the record I payed $0.00. Cool
mewtwo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I think there's something to be said for the fact that they used a font that was actually READABLE, unlike 99% of the fansubs out there, which use those annoying-as-hell "artsy" fonts. I just wish that the subtitles were placed a little higher above the bottom of the video.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Most people prefer the absolute opposite of the position. Being down at the bottom usually keeps it out of way more often. But about the font, yeah I agree, some groups do bad looking fonts that are either too small or some color that looks bad. I wouldn't say 99%, more like 40-60%.
edzieba

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I usually find that fonts being far too large is more of a problem than too small.

Also, the paypal checkout for Crunchyroll seems to be down, and seeing as they're outside the UK I'm loath to be hit by the £1.50 charge for paying by card via their checkout.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

For the record I payed $0.00. Cool

For the record, most likely, no one cared.

Jedi General wrote:
Holy crap!! Shocked People on crunchyroll have seriously paid 30 bucks for a single episode download?!? You've got to be freaking kidding me! I seriously hope they aren't planning on paying that much per episode for both series. *sigh* Irresponsible teenagers most likely. I guess this is what GONZO was hoping for .... Rolling Eyes

For teenagers that bitch and moan about spending money, they're willing to throw away $30 for what could've been used to buy a boxed set . >.> *siiigh.*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5